Line 6 Bognor - Page 8 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 01:23 PM

Re: Line 6 Bognor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Job View Post
Okay guys,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PQy9yUWd8s

here is a little demo of what I have been talking about.

The dirty sound is a 5150 emulation and the clean sound is a jcm900 clean channel. The guitar used is my main guitar, my Yamaha Eterna with seymour duncan pickups in it. The signal chain is as follows

Guitar to pod to power amp to 4 x 12.

Feel free to slate the sounds and the playing as much as you like!

Chris
sounds great in the video.. i have tried the pod into poweramp setup before, and it has ups and downs.. i would recommend that anyone wondering what its like ought to try it in person
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
I think the POD's sound is just too digital for my taste. Personally, I've found that there's no substitute for a good tube amp.
There is: http://fractalaudio.com/
post #108 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Banned

I went to GC the other day determined to play a bunch of amps. Played a Mesa Trip Rect, hated it. Way to many knobs and it's the kind of amp that needs cranked. Plugged in a Crate 30 watt tube head. Sweeeeeet huge clean tone, but bad tube, couldn't demo gain channel, will go back and demo it. The clean on it killed my JSX. Then, tucked in the corner coveren in dust was..... a Vox AD60 Valvetronix head. Discontinued a few years ago. I had the AD120 2x12 combo. Loved it, should have kept it. I plugged a JS1000 and instantly has very usable tone. It is a an amp modeler, has all the built in effects you'll ever need, power attenuator from 1 to 60 watts and even has 12ax7 to tube up the tone. Bought it and gave it and my Legacy 2x12 cab to my daughter. She loves it.

Why do I feel like I posted this story already?

Anyway. As amp modeling amps goes, it kills everything I've heard. The clean is a bit weak though. Still usable.

Also has nice direct out to P.A.

Last edited by Darin; 03-26-2008 at 01:36 PM.
post #109 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 01:47 PM

Reviews: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
I went to GC the other day determined to play a bunch of amps. Played a Mesa Trip Rect, hated it. Way to many knobs and it's the kind of amp that needs cranked. Plugged in a Crate 30 watt tube head. Sweeeeeet huge clean tone, but bad tube, couldn't demo gain channel, will go back and demo it. The clean on it killed my JSX. Then, tucked in the corner coveren in dust was..... a Vox AD60 Valvetronix head. Discontinued a few years ago. I had the AD120 2x12 combo. Loved it, should have kept it. I plugged a JS1000 and instantly has very usable tone. It is a an amp modeler, has all the built in effects you'll ever need, power attenuator from 1 to 60 watts and even has 12ax7 to tube up the tone. Bought it and gave it and my Legacy 2x12 cab to my daughter. She loves it.

Why do I feel like I posted this story already?

Anyway. As amp modeling amps goes, it kills everything I've heard. The clean is a bit weak though. Still usable.

Also has nice direct out to P.A.

Have you posted it somewhere else before? What are you using these days Darin? are you still using that fender? or did you get something else for yourself?

Jimmy
post #110 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
Have you posted it somewhere else before? What are you using these days Darin? are you still using that fender? or did you get something else for yourself?

Jimmy

My main set up for now. I am going to look at a VHT Combo though. Just curious. What I would like it an all tube smokin amp, with built in dig effects. Like the Line 6 and other amp modelers we see that are programmable. Only the amp wouldn't try to model a killer tube amp, it would be one.

Last edited by Darin; 03-26-2008 at 09:44 PM.
post #111 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 11:12 PM

Sounds like you'll like Bogner Alchemist. It's exactly what you're describing - tube amp with built in effects.
post #112 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdmitry View Post
Sounds like you'll like Bogner Alchemist. It's exactly what you're describing - tube amp with built in effects.
Ahh, hitting google and youtube as I type to learn more about this Bogner Alchemist.

Leaning STRONGLY to the Egnater 4100 at the moment.
post #113 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Banned

post #114 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 01:09 PM

IMO a Line 6 HD147 was never short of the mark. People hated that just by virtue of it lacking valves. I'd still get one.

Tags
allan holdsworth , amp modeler , bogner uberschall , clean tone , custom guitar , duncan pickups , eddie van halen , egnater tol , guitar players , guitar playing , mesa boogie , mesa boogie dual , mesa mark , music store , pod pro , power amp , practice amp , preamp tube , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , solid state amp , steve stevens , steve vai , tube amp , tube amps , tube head , tube power amp , tube tone , valve amps , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode