Line 6 DT-25 head - NiCe!! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Line 6 DT-25 head - NiCe!!

Okay - fully expecting all the Line 6 haters to show up in force as usual, but I was trying out a guitar this weekend and saw the DT-25 head sitting on top of a Marshall cab, so knowing I can always dial up a decent tone on a L6 quickly, I plugged in.

Holy hell!!!

I've had a pile of higher end tube amps the last couple years (Soldano, Ceriatone, Orange, Splawn, Mesa Mark 4, Bogner, Marshall JVM), and currently run an AxeFx2 rig. This thing is finally the "real deal" from L6! This sucker was easy to dial in, and has great tones in all 4 modes. Add to that the ability to change it from Class A to A/B, and triode/pentode, and you have a LOT of cool tonal options. I have never enjoyed plugging into a dry amp...ever. I need my "delay crutch"! I walked out of the room with a smile after playing for about 45 minutes. I came back later in the afternoon just to see if I was "hearing things" - I was. GOOD tone!

I came back yesterday, and ordered a fresh one, along with the Pod HD500 to use in conjunction with it via the L6 Link. Can't wait!

So yourself a favor, and don't bother with the YouTube demos on this thing. Play one yourself. It's pretty friggin' awesome. No kidding!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 12:31 AM

Reviews: 6
Re: Line 6 DT-25 head - NiCe!!

I am glad you like it. My friend is also using is using a similar rig DT-50 2x12 with a POD HD500. He rave about the tone and how easy it is to dial in also. The only problem I have with this is just I think it is a little over price.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 02:38 PM

I played the combo at GC a couple days ago...

No joke... This is the business!!!....I was very impressed as well...
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 03:05 PM

I saw a review of this by Andertons and was actually impressed. Made me double take and consider it for my net amp purchase.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 05:59 AM

I've really wanted one since seeing this video. The start of it 'Voicing 4, class A Pentode' is the lead sound I've always wanted to have, but never owned an amp that did it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djHXbyV1fVY&feature=plcp
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Chappers/Anderton have some cool YouTube stuff with the DT-25 in high gain settings. Pretty rippin'...
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 06:38 PM

Reviews: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisolson View Post
Okay - fully expecting all the Line 6 haters to show up in force as usual, but I was trying out a guitar this weekend and saw the DT-25 head sitting on top of a Marshall cab, so knowing I can always dial up a decent tone on a L6 quickly, I plugged in.

Holy hell!!!

I've had a pile of higher end tube amps the last couple years (Soldano, Ceriatone, Orange, Splawn, Mesa Mark 4, Bogner, Marshall JVM), and currently run an AxeFx2 rig. This thing is finally the "real deal" from L6! This sucker was easy to dial in, and has great tones in all 4 modes. Add to that the ability to change it from Class A to A/B, and triode/pentode, and you have a LOT of cool tonal options. I have never enjoyed plugging into a dry amp...ever. I need my "delay crutch"! I walked out of the room with a smile after playing for about 45 minutes. I came back later in the afternoon just to see if I was "hearing things" - I was. GOOD tone!

I came back yesterday, and ordered a fresh one, along with the Pod HD500 to use in conjunction with it via the L6 Link. Can't wait!

So yourself a favor, and don't bother with the YouTube demos on this thing. Play one yourself. It's pretty friggin' awesome. No kidding!
Post lots of pics once you get them

Jimmy
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 10:32 PM

i also really dig these amps. they are to me a revamp of the bogner alchemist which didn't sell very well despite being a very cool amp.

either way i i do agree that they are a little expensive.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

I dunno... Four "boo-teek" quality sound in one amp that if you wait for a sale can be had for $735? I'm not finding that terribly out of hand.

I also had the Alchemist. There is no comparison between the two amps. Totally different sounds.

Anyway...

So I guess I need the one chord I don't have to integrate the Pod wih the head, so I just jammed straight in. I swear I wouldn't know this amp wasn't all tube if someone told me it was all tube. L6 has really come a long way in that regard. This should in NO way be compared to a Spider Valve. Not even close. I'm thoroughly impressed. I LOVE the gain channel, and can't wait to try out some of the others with a boost/OD.

I'll have to take some rig pics this weekend.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Time for some pics!!

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 01:59 AM

Wow, you also have an Axe-FX II!! This is the first time I've heard someone with an Axe-FX or other modeler go on about anything Line6!

I'm also a Line6 user. But I'm about 3 generations behind. Actually considering the upgrade to either a Kemper Profiling Amp, or the Axe-FX II.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilch View Post
Wow, you also have an Axe-FX II!! This is the first time I've heard someone with an Axe-FX or other modeler go on about anything Line6!

I'm also a Line6 user. But I'm about 3 generations behind. Actually considering the upgrade to either a Kemper Profiling Amp, or the Axe-FX II.
It's a VERY good amp.

The POD is really there as an integration piece, but once they upgrade the HD500 with the Soldano models, I'll probably use it quite a bit.

The Axe is simply the most amazing thing I've ever heard, AND it constantly evolves and IMPROVES. I had a Kemper for about a week, and decided 'profiling' wasn't going to be my thing, and he Kemper didn't sound as good in a power amp/cab setup. I have had almost every big name modeler out there and to MY EARS, nothing compares to the Axe.

That said, when I demo'd the DT-25, I couldn't leave without one.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 02:01 PM

Great rig. Are you running the Axe FX through a FRFR or through a cab?
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11racksfx View Post
Great rig. Are you running the Axe FX through a FRFR or through a cab?
Through a cab. I may try FRFR if one of my friends get that setup, but so far, we're all doing power amp/ cab rigs.

The cab is Greenback loaded, and works great with the Axe.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 04:34 PM

I believe the AxeFX great strength is the great speaker sim. I used to run my eleven rack into a Art Sla 2 into a Mesa Rectifier 2x12(V30) but I had to turn cab sim off and was limited to the 2x12 only. Now I'm using it with a Qsc K8 and what a big different of how good it really sound.

Tags
dt-25 , hybrid , line 6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode