line 6 flextone question! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-13-2003, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

line 6 flextone question!

In 2 months I will be finaly living together with my girlfriend on an appartment. Problem one: I can't use my amps because they are too loud.
Second problem my girlfriend is going to univerity, so she has to study a lot.

I played a flextoneand I am amazed by the tone. Can I use the flextone with a headphone and just turn off the sound trough the speakers??
Can I use it like a pod?

Is this device useful to play very, and I mean very quit? Let's say at 10pm when there is a baby sleeping next door?

This is a very important issue?

IS it better to buy a simple pod or should I buy the flextone? Is the sound of the flextone better than the pod run trough any clean amp?

Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-13-2003, 02:06 PM

if you like how line6 stuff sound, get a pod2.0/XT rather...
i seriously cant stand these things myself
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 06:56 AM

Yes, the Flextones are good for low volume or headphone use. It's what they're designed for I'd go for a Flextone III if you can, just because it's got the most recent technology and therefore will sound the best. It'll still sound better when cranked through the speaker, but comparing amps on their functionality at low volume, or with headphones, you can't beat 'em.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
Yes, the Flextones are good for low volume or headphone use. It's what they're designed for I'd go for a Flextone III if you can, just because it's got the most recent technology and therefore will sound the best. It'll still sound better when cranked through the speaker, but comparing amps on their functionality at low volume, or with headphones, you can't beat 'em.
i totally agree.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

This is what I also think, nothing beats line 6 at low volumes. Can I play trough a flextone III and tunr off the speakers?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 10:53 AM

i have a flextone II xl works a treat, plug in your phones and go for it, the speakers are automatically cut when you plug the phones in. it can also be used to power a cab if needed. i have one and just one problem with mine and thats the controls are top mounted and not front mounted, makes it a bit of a bind on stage.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

5 minutesago, I was experimenting with my old equipment. I plugged my roland gt3 and cd player into my beringher.
I chose the gt3 in 'line' mode and this is where the magic happens.

This is already a acceptable sollution for my problem.

Would a line 6 product be better than my gt3?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 05:56 AM

Why wouldn't you just play your electric acoustically? I never use an amp when practicing at night. That also sounds much better than anything through headphones.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 02:43 PM

Couple of things...

1.) an electric played acoustically. This is actually invaluable practice, for improving your note articulation and accuracy, as well as finger tone. With just yourself and a guitar, you have absolutely nothing to hide behind. You'll be a better-playing, better sounding guitarist for this.

2.) Line6 gear at low volumes- yeah, that's what it's designed for.

3.) tube amps at low volumes. There's two points where I really dig the sound of my TSL head. The volume over 5, or the volume WAY below 1 in VPR mode. Strangely enough, it sounds great at that level. Really great. As in, much better than you'd expect it to. Can you tell I'm pleasantly suprised here?

4.) how about an acoustic?

-D
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

In my opinion, practicing my electric guitar without any amp is not ideal.
When I practice it is important to play accurate with a distorted sound and hear every suble detail of my playing.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 08:20 PM

Keep your current amp and get a used POD for practicing?
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 12:16 PM

I just did a comparison between Flextone III and Yamaha DG60FX-112. There was no competition, the Yamaha sounded much better. Almost like a tube amp, and also more affordable than the Flextone.
The presets on Yamaha didn't sound very good but with a little tweaking it was a tone machine.

Tags
electric guitar , flextone iii , sounding guitar , tube amp , tube amps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode