Line 6 guitarport - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Line 6 guitarport

Considering buying one for playing around at home (I mean, they are $99...that's pretty cheap), but I have a question for anyone that owns one or knows about them:

Is it possible to record with it on other software outside of what their site specifies? Like if I have a friend with an mbox and protools, could I use the line out on the guitarport directly into the mbox and still achieve the same sounds?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 08:52 PM

Re: Line 6 guitarport

i think it would be easier to record through the usb . you can email them to make shure your program works but i think most will. you should check out tone port its coming out in december ...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 11:14 PM

yeah i was looking to get one i hope i will.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 12:22 AM

It would be a better recording device if you get the Guitarport Rifftracker, but those are slightly more expensive than the Guitarport.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 12:43 AM

i have the riff tracker, it is a cool tool . It only sounds as good as the speakers your using, i have some nicer computer speakers but they are a big factor in how you sound. As for the recording software that is included with the riff tracker, it is limited very limited, all you can really do is record, there isn't any editing ablities at all. So you have to do 1 of 2 things. Do the song in one take or peice by peice and then peice it bacl together in a different program.

One good thing though, you can use outside programs to record the guitar port with. You dont have to use the riff tracker software.

So my advice is get the guitar port, and simple recording program. I got magix and it is sort of hard to use, it has way tooo many options, and exter crap, i like to try to keep things easy and simple.

Again you may invest in some high quality headphones or cheaper passive studio monitors. Even if you do have to buy a few exter things, using the GP to record is still one of your cheaper high quality options.

I would be more than happy to send you some clips that i have done using the riff tracker software and guitar port. just PM me with your e-mail.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 03:30 PM

You can download Audacity recording/wave editing software for free. After installation, GuitarPort appears as one of the input options for Audacity. You select GuitarPort for input, choose the recording resolution, set the levels using the record monitor, press the record button, and that's about it. This has gotta be one of the simplest and cheapest recording setups around. Yet with all the models and effects available in GP, it's pretty powerful.
Have fun,
Bert
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 10:50 PM

rifftracker is a software or hardware?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 10:38 AM

I use adobe audition to record with my guitar port
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:53 PM

Rifftracker is Software to use with guitarport.
U can DL trial and register from Line6....
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 02:09 PM

You can record to anything with it. A guitar port sound device is installed, asio and wdm. just select it from your program as the record source. I've used Logic Audio Platinum 5 (PC) and Cool Edit 2.0 (also PC).

Tags
guitar port

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode