line 6 m13 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

line 6 m13

Anyone here using the Line 6 M13? I did a search and didn't get any results. I'm considering getting one of these. It's either the traditional pedal board or this. Tired of having my pedals laying all over the floor taking up space.

I currently have a compressor, NS-2, TU-2, Bad Horsie, RAT, Digitech Whammy, Boss DS-2, Phase 90, and Line 6 DL4. If I get a M13, I'd probably sell the Phase 90 and DL4. Probably keep the rest until I really have lots of time with the M13 to compare to the originals before selling them.

I've read really stellar reviews, and some nasty ones. Since I would depend on my amp's tube distortion, the distortion sounds aren't a make or break for me. I'd be using the distortion/overdrive models most likely as a boost for leads with my amp. I'd be getting it predominately for all the other goodies. One forum I found said they have had some serious problems with the buttons breaking within a week. Sounds like a quality control issue there. But, many, many reviews that said the thing is solid as can be and sounds great. I found one review by an analog pedal builder who said he was so impressed he couldn't tell the difference between many of his actual pedals, so he'd put some up for sale.

Just trying to research before buying, so what do you guys know about this thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 10:13 AM

Reviews: 65
Re: line 6 m13

I use an M13.

Replaced most of my pedals with it.

I use the 4 cable method, having 1 line infront of the amp and 3 in the fx-loop (using a Carvin V3).
Only have a Demon Wah infront of the M13.

In the frontline I use the Tubescreamer, Chorus and Blue Comp simulations, which sound very nice (with latest firmware patch, Tubescreamer was bad before that patch).

In the loop I use lots of Delays and Echos, they are all awesome.
Mods like phaser and flanger are all OK, sound quality is very nice.
I also like the trem and leslie mods.

All in all I would definately buy that thing again. It is very cost effective, has a nice build in NR and the tone quality is top notch.
Only thing I do not like is the external power supply, but have to live with that.

Also no more hassle with cabling on the floorboard and building and maintaining the rig. Just hit the M13 and my wha on the board, power supply for both and go.

Most of the terribly reviews seem to be lemmons or people who did not have the patience to tune the effects. Most factory presets sound awful and you have to tune to your liking, where every micro movement of the knob will count. So you have to have patience and finetune every effect to your liking.

The looper is also nice and works now perfectly. Of course there are loopers that will give you longer loops, but for me it is sufficient.

Tuner also works very nicely.

NR as said is also working excellent and not killing your tone, but also take time to finetune or it will compress the sound.

User support from Line6 is awesome. All in all can recommend that thing, I am a happy user.

Tags
line 6 m13

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode