Line 6 or not? Help me build a new rig for 400dollars - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Line 6 or not? Help me build a new rig for 400dollars

My old faithful korg ax1000g is finally biting the dust, after almost 8 years of faithful service, so im going to have to replace it soon.

First my budget is only 400 dollars so that doesnt leave me alot of room, i simply DONT have the money for a tube head which would be my first choice, but right now im just using a solid state marshall g100rcd, and matching cab with celestions. The amp is being used only as a power amp, and does have an effects loop if need be.

What im wanting help with is my buying decision. Spend 400 dollars on pedals, or the Line 6 floor pod live. Having used a line6 guitar port i really like their products and ive wread some great reviews about the floor pod live. BUt if theirs a better sounding alternative Im all ears! So heres what i want you guys to do, pick out pedals for me in the 400 dollar range that will give me the following sounds, echo, chorus, flange, reverb, phaser, distorted tones, noise gate.

Also if theirs a better multi unit out there you would suggest over the floor pod let me know its cost and why you like it!

Thanks for any help you can give me .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 06:22 PM

Re: Line 6 or not? Help me build a new rig for 400dollars

I've got a Pod XT Live, and love it. Very versatile, good sounds, one unit. Perfect for gigging.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Cool cool! If any other line6 users could chime in with their thoughts on the floor pod live i would really appreciate it. Since most of the jemsite users are probably using the setup for a similar style to mine.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 09:20 PM

Reviews: 7

I've had an XT Live for a while now, but just recently worked it into my current setup. I've had some pretty satisfying results so far. I'm mostly using it right in front of my amp as a distortion/OD. Overall it can make some good tones if your patient (only because there are so many knobs to tweak) and it's always fun messing around with all the extra effects I don't really use.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 10:37 AM

Money spent on Line 6 equipment is money well spent

Rock on!

Tags
distorted tone , distorted tones , guitar port , power amp , tube head

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode