Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Line 6 Spider II 112

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  bonehead189 
#1 ·
Anyone know if this amp is any good

I am looking for something like this in style

It has to be good for a bedroom and loud enough for a gig in the pub

I really like a crunchy thick tone (but I use so many effects it doesnt really matter)

I currently have a marshall mg30 (it sucks)

#10 ·
I have this amp and imo it totally rocks. I play many styles, using lots of different guitars, from stock strats to EMG equipped ibbys, and I can get almost any sound I need from it. Thing is, I only use about 2 of the amp models lol. The "red" Metal and "red/green" Cleans is pretty much all I need. I stay on the red metal channel pretty much 75% of the time, usually all I have to do is tweak my guitar volumes/tones, maybe the gain, to move to any syle I want. (And if Bodom is one of the sounds your looking for, dude its totally there ;))

Yes, most of the amp models are pretty cheesey, but the Metal setting is great. It can be very crunchy, thus why I like it, even at low volumes. I use for anything from SRV to EVH, Mayer to Maiden, eveything in b/w. My Evo strat nails Satch and Vai tones, and I really have a blast with it.
The effects are pretty decent, I utilize the delay pretty often. Using the Tap button, you switch up to some pretty long delays.

My only complaint (the same as many others) is that the clean sounds leave something to be desired, depending on what you need. Oh and how you cant use flanger or chorus independently, thats kinda, well, stupid.

More good news, it's great for low inside volumes. Even better, one of the freindly musician sights is selling all Line 6 combos for 100$ off. Need I say more?

\00/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.