Line 6 stompbox modellor probs, front of amp or FX Loop? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Line 6 stompbox modellor probs, front of amp or FX Loop?

Hi,
i'm having great dificulties trying to sort out where to stick the line 6 dl4 and the mm4. Being as they are modulation and delay effects theoreticaly they should go in the effects loop. My mesa amp manual says to set the level of the FX to max and control the amount by the FX mix on the back of the amp, however when i do this and then turn either effect on there is a massive drop in volume.

I wondered where in the signal chain everyone puts either their DL4 or MM4? When i try it in front of the amp the whole sound is weird like, well you know distorted delay instead of delayed distortion...which aint right...

thanks in advance

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 09:10 PM

Hey track,

I use the same pedals with my Nomad in the effects loop. I don't have that problem though. There is a slight dip in volume with the MM, but it is really minor. I basically do the opposite, set the nomad effects mix to max and adjust via the pedal mix...I have very little volume difference when pedals are on or off. I'm sure you tried that already, but if not, give that a whirl and see where it gets you. Those pedals definitely belong in the loop, no question about that.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Gresh,

Hey! thanks for the advice, i was trying it out ealier this evening (great minds huh we got pretty much the same gear! lol) and yea i set the nomad fx mix to max and controlled the level off the devices, plus that way each of the 3 or 4 patches you have to save can have different volumes i needbe.

Now i dont hear a volume drop in the DL-4 but still on some of the modells of the MM-4, the rotary in particular. although i can live with this.

Things sound so much better now thanks a bunch

David

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode