Line6 Flextone II XL - A good buy? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Line6 Flextone II XL - A good buy?

I have a Marshall JCM 900 and i love the tone that i get with my Jem7VWH. But i want to have more versatility, a more broader sound palete and more "amps" to play with, so i was thinking about the Flextone II.

What is your opinion about this amp? Worth the money? I don't care about the debate if it's amp models sound close to the real thing. I'm more interested in the amp is good in it's own right. What i mean, is if it sounds good, dynamic, responsive like a real tube amp, etc.

Like i said, i don't really care if it sounds close to a Dual Rectifier or a Soldano. I have the opinion that if it sounds good in it's own right, it is no less good because it doesn't sound like the amp it is modelling. Also, i don't care too much if the sound is produced by tubes, transistor or by an hamster inside it. If it sounds good, it is good! It is no less good because it doesn't have a valver in it!

So i'm asking about the sounds of the Flextone II. Does it have a good sound? Does it sounds/reacts like a "real" amp?

I'm more interested in the distortion stuff (think Metallica ...And Justice and Master of P.), but a good clean is also good thing to have...

Thanks,
Armindo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 06:57 PM

Line6 Flextone II XL

I have played the Flextone II, and I own a POD Pro.
I like Line 6 gear very much, and the Flextone is the best digital modelling amp I've seen. It sounds very good, from warm tight crunch, to high output leads and twangy cleans, and it's very versatile, with a close modelling. It doens't have a sound of it's own, just the patches, although you have specific Line 6 patches. Maybe that's what you mean.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 04:51 AM
MD

Line6 Flextone II XL

I own Flextone II+ (not XL) and JEM7VWH, just like you. It's very good amp for that price - sound possibilities are endless. It responds more or less in a way tube amp does. But for me it's very different to play it comparing playing good tube amp (a price for playing tube amps for years ). But if you get used to Flextone, it's great. Just don't forget to play the guitar if you start to experiment with sound.
I'd never sell it, because for practicing and recording at home there is nothing better right now. For small gigs it's very good too.
By the way I'd buy II+ and extension cab instead of XL. Much more versalite setup.

Tags
dual rectifier , extension cab , pod pro , tube amp , tube amps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode