Line6 Flextone III - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2003, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Line6 Flextone III

Line6 Flextone III

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2003, 05:40 PM

Couldn't they have recorded some GOOD samples? For Christ's sake, even the samples on their site sound like junk!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2003, 06:06 PM

POD XT really disappointed me....I hope this one will fare a little better.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2003, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdmitry
Couldn't they have recorded some GOOD samples? For Christ's sake, even the samples on their site sound like junk!
It's true they don't sound the best, but the Flextone II samples don't have a thing on the tones I can get out of it, and I have the lowest Flextone II model available.

Carlo, what about the XT disappointed you exactly?

I'm psyched about the Flextone III, this thing looks and sounds great.

But I still want a Vetta HD.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2003, 07:47 PM

I really didn't like the sounds. The POD 2.0 sounded better much better to my ears. Though effect patches in the XT were much better (except the compressor, imo), the tones were not good enough to help me get over the price tag. If I was going to spend that much on an XT, I'm probably just gonna go the extra mile....save a little more money.... and buy a Sansamp PSA-1 instead.

I really wanted to like it since the features looked so cool.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 01:25 AM

I really dig my Vetta HD. It's really LOUD !! And I can get some sick tones out of it. A tweakaholic's dream, it is.

The factory presets always suck on everything. Why is that? The salesguy used HIS presets when I checked it out at the store, and I don't blame him.

The Flextone III looks ultra-simple compared to the Vetta (which is good as long as it sounds good). How much is it selling for?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorCrunch
I really dig my Vetta HD. It's really LOUD !! And I can get some sick tones out of it. A tweakaholic's dream, it is.
Perfect.

Quote:
The factory presets always suck on everything. Why is that? The salesguy used HIS presets when I checked it out at the store, and I don't blame him.
Yea, exactly. I sat down for hours with my Flextone II when I brought it home (I didn't even bother trying it in the store ) and decided not to leave until I found a sound I liked. Luckily, I found 4 quickly, then ran out of save spots.

Quote:
The Flextone III looks ultra-simple compared to the Vetta (which is good as long as it sounds good). How much is it selling for?
I'm not sure, but it's probably not much more than the Flextone II was in the beginning. Tho I'm not sure it's out yet.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 04:27 PM

Quote:

The factory presets always suck on everything. Why is that?
Exactly! That's what initially turned me off to the PodXT. I really thought it sounded like garbage! Then the store let me take it home over night and I really got to tweak it. That night I put my Pod Pro on Ebay and went down to the store in the morning with some cash for the XT.

As for the Flextone III, I'm exited to check that one out. Hopefully they get one in at the local store. Line 6 sales have really dropped off here.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 09:22 PM

Hi

Who knows the price of the flextone III ?

thx

fred
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 06:38 PM

I had a chance to hear the Flextone III in person at the NAMM show and I was impressed. I also got to play the Variax and although I'm skeptical, I was also impressed by it. The Flextone III has a street price of $779.00, Flextone III plus $879.00 and Flextone III XL $979.00. We've got them on order and expect them to be arriving sometime in the next couple weeks.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmusic
I had a chance to hear the Flextone III in person at the NAMM show and I was impressed. I also got to play the Variax and although I'm skeptical, I was also impressed by it. The Flextone III has a street price of $779.00, Flextone III plus $879.00 and Flextone III XL $979.00. We've got them on order and expect them to be arriving sometime in the next couple weeks.
Yea, price is about the same as the II. Great to hear they sound nice. The Variax looks interesting too, would be fun for the more unusual tones, and even just to play around on (can you say "warm-up guitar"? ) tho I couldn't see one becoming my main axe (and I'm a Line6 junkie ). Give me a replacement bridge for my 7-string, with a way to add the guitar/pickup model to my Flextone patches and you've got a deal.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 10:33 AM

I've always thought flextones sucked at low volumes. Completely artificial sound...
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmusic
Yea, price is about the same as the II. Great to hear they sound nice. The Variax looks interesting too, would be fun for the more unusual tones, and even just to play around on (can you say "warm-up guitar"? ) tho I couldn't see one becoming my main axe (and I'm a Line6 junkie ). Give me a replacement bridge for my 7-string, with a way to add the guitar/pickup model to my Flextone patches and you've got a deal.
Actually the prices look to be about $100 higher than last year, but that's ok, it looks like it has extra stuff, and hopefully they sound better at higher volumes.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2003, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globbits
I've always thought flextones sucked at low volumes. Completely artificial sound...
I'd disagree with that, but then, who needs low volume anyways?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2003, 11:59 AM

Indeed. They did sound preety cranked when your ears started to hurt though, so everything's ok...

Tags
flextone iii , pod pro , sansamp psa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode