Line6 or Mesa? - Page 4 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 09:11 PM

Re: Line6 or Mesa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotornut View Post
I need 15-30w and no one makes an amp that size that's affordable (Japan prices mind you) with an effects loop.
Heavens!

What about the Vox AC15? An absolute stellar all tube 15watt tone monster, and as far as I know, yep there's an effects loop hiding in there somewhere - certainly its bigger, louder (and equally wonderful, speaking as an owner of one!) cousin the AC30 has one!

Not for metal, that's for sure, but for absolutely anything else the AC30 is a divine amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCarroll View Post
Heavens!

What about the Vox AC15? An absolute stellar all tube 15watt tone monster, and as far as I know, yep there's an effects loop hiding in there somewhere - certainly its bigger, louder (and equally wonderful, speaking as an owner of one!) cousin the AC30 has one!

Not for metal, that's for sure, but for absolutely anything else the AC30 is a divine amp.

Yeah man I would but there are two things

1. I play metal mostly

2. Tube amps, even at 15 watts can be too loud for my very small Japanese apartment, unless it has a headphone jack sorry man.

But, I realize that amp is a great amp it's just I am stuck in an extremely guitar adverse predicament.
post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:

1. I play metal mostly

2. Tube amps, even at 15 watts can be too loud for my very small Japanese apartment, unless it has a headphone jack sorry man.

But, I realize that amp is a great amp it's just I am stuck in an extremely guitar adverse predicament.
You should get a pod xt make sure to buy all 3 expansion model packs.
post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:

1. I play metal mostly

I think you'll find any amp will cause you issues with neighbors - even a Mesa Express 5:25 on the 5 watt setting is REALLY LOUD at close range! Maybe the Pod XT or similar is a pretty good option for you here?
post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 09:41 PM

that's a good idea, but I really wanna amp. I think I'll check out those PODxt thingies.

I got a Micro cube, it's fun for how small it is. It's just like losing a loved one when you go from TUBE HALF STACK to micro cube and pod xt.

You can't even get excited about changing pickups and other mods because you know that on your little thingy in the corner it's not going to make a difference.
post #51 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:

that's a good idea, but I really wanna amp. I think I'll check out those PODxt thingies.

I got a Micro cube, it's fun for how small it is. It's just like losing a loved one when you go from TUBE HALF STACK to micro cube and pod xt.

You can't even get excited about changing pickups and other mods because you know that on your little thingy in the corner it's not going to make a difference.
dude yes check out the pod XT i can show you clips of it if you'd like... it is F'ing amazing.. and you'd be excited about changing pickups because you can hear the diff on the pod xt
post #52 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 09:49 PM

That'd be mighty friendly of you. PM me or anything.
post #53 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymike View Post
hey thats the only exception, the roland JC120 (JAZZ CHORUS) is solid state. big deal! rule #1 and rule #2 still stand
It is most certainly not the "only exception". Stop being a stupid fanboy.
There are plenty of legitimate reasons to use a solid state amp over a tube amp. This clip was recorded by someone at the guitarworld forums with, not just a solid state, but a digital pre-amp. Are you going to tell me that this sounds terrible?

http://download.yousendit.com/70B537210A26B6D5

Don't be a fanboy.
post #54 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
That'd be mighty friendly of you. PM me or anything.
well what type of sound do you want to hear? there are plenty of pod xt clips on the web but i can also make you some and host them on my webspace i have a few up there already. check out these clips for starters.

http://mikeymike.regolithstudios.com/mesaandorange.mp3
http://mikeymike.regolithstudios.com/damagecontrol.mp3

let me know what you think by the way both of those are using the mesa model that comes in the expansion pack. im sure my recordings suck compared to others but yea.
post #55 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyr Machine View Post
It is most certainly not the "only exception". Stop being a stupid fanboy.
There are plenty of legitimate reasons to use a solid state amp over a tube amp. This clip was recorded by someone at the guitarworld forums with, not just a solid state, but a digital pre-amp. Are you going to tell me that this sounds terrible?

http://download.yousendit.com/70B537210A26B6D5

Don't be a fanboy.
i have a solid state digital preamp running into my mesa 2:100... relax. there's no need to call anyone a stupid fanboy. tubes sound better 99% of the time. anyone who says otherwise obviously has not spent intimate time with a GOOD tube amp. stop being a stupid rebel.

also the file is not downloadable. try hosting it on rapidshare

Last edited by mikeymike; 01-29-2008 at 10:24 PM.
post #56 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 10:12 PM

post #57 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
for real

rich

Tags
amp settings , david mccarroll , dual rectifier , dual rectifiers , dual recto , high gain tones , jeff loomis , john petrucci , local music store , marshall dsl , mesa dual , mesa dual rectifier , mesa triaxis , music store , pod pro , power amp , power amps , preamp tube , rack space , recto cab , solid state amp , solid state amps , solid state head , tone monster , triple rectifier , tube amp , tube amps , tube power amp , tube tone , vox valvetronix

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode