Hi guys, im just curious what you fellows are using for your recording gear on your PC.
- Im using a Pentium 4 (watercooled to 2.8 for speed and quietness) with 512 megs of pc2700 ram. Sony e540 21" monitor with a ti4200 for the graphics. Windows XP using a WD JB80 gig hard drive. Asus P4PE mobo.
- Midiman Audiophile 2496 soundcard. Great card with very few complaints. Midiman stuff rocks!
- Jackson Soloist guitar as well as an Ibanez RG421(With Graphtech Piezo system).
- Sansamp PSA-1 preamp - The gem of my system, makes recording easy and great sounding with a huge variety of sounds! Very happy with it.
- Genexxa mixer , cheqap but does the job for basic vocals and any other inputs I may need.
- Cubase SX - I use this in conjunction with a lot of vst processors. Im very happy with Ohmboyz reverb and the Waves processors. PSP84 is amazing for guitar stuff as well. For drums I use Battery with the Mixtended drum kits from Wizoo which covers all my needs.
- Evolution MK149 midi keyboard - cheap and does all i need it to do (limited use)
For monitoring I have a set of Sennheiser HD590's powered off a Creek OBH11 amplifier.
I also have a set of Paradigm Monitor 9's running off a Yamaha RXV596 amp.
Everything I own is relatively mid end to low end for recording, but im very happy with it. I have acquired all that I need for recoding and now I feel im limited only by my creativity.
I have no driver issues and the performance is great. Very low latency even under heavy loads and all the guitar effects sounds amazing. Id put the waves processors against any high end guitar effects processor Ive ever played with.
Im curious what y'all are using out there and your opinions of your gear.
PS - heres my latest recording using the gear above
and this was done using Sonar 2.0 a while back (most technical piece)