Listen to my guitar sound! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Listen to my guitar sound!

I've recorded a 2 min improvisation over and indian style groove i programmed! tabla and sitar! using my creative Audigy platinum and a boss gt3 feeding directly to the mic in input! i got a cool warm tone! check it out and tell me what do u think! download it from my downloads section:
the song is called Indian Groove www.freewebs.com/ralph-khoury
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 04:16 PM

That sounds pretty good. I would like to know how you recorded that. I want to record some riffs onto my PC, but I'm not sure how to do it. I've got an Audigy 2, so I'm ok as far as that goes. But what kinds of instrument cable adapters do I need to get? And what are the basic software setups that I have to go through to record a decent sound? Did you use any specific recording software? Thanks in advance...

Actually, I just read your other post, and I kinda got an idea of what I need. But I still don't know what kinds of cable adapters I might need. Thanks!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

very simple man Guitar>BossGT3>LINE IN2 input audigy

software used Cubase 5 vst 32 r6
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 04:31 PM

Obviously the Audigy doesn't have an input that will fit an instrument cable, so can I pick up an adapter at a music shop? Thanks for the quick reply...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

oh u dont have the platinum series with front Rack! that could be tricky man, u'd better buy the front panel! cos in the rear input u dont have a gain control! so the sound will be unamplified! what's ur gear consisting of?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 04:40 PM

damn, I knew NOT buying the Platinum version would somehow come back to bite me in the ass!

I've got a Jackson Dinky XL and an Ibanez S1220 WNF going through a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone distortion pedal. I want to record more for keeping riffs on file than for actual home recording. Basically, I have the worst short term memory of anyone in the history of mankind, so I would like to record riffs so I won't forget them later.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Lol! anyway man u can upgrade ur audigy by buying the front panel, and throw that metal zone away, its ****ty and noisy, and get urself a boss gt3, gt6 or a POD preamp! u need a preamp!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 04:47 PM

Aw, I like the Metal Zone. One of the main reasons I didn't buy the Platinum (other than cost) was because my computer tower has a door on the front that shuts and the knobs on the Platinum Live!Drive stick out too far. Maybe later this year when I upgrade I'll get a new case and a Platinum version. Damn...

Tags
distortion pedal , jackson dinky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode