Lo-trs trem or egde III....Which is worse? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Lo-trs trem or egde III....Which is worse?

I have a chance to buy a used RG that has the crappy low profile trs trem or I can save the money for a new RG350. Which trem is the worst of the two?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 10:29 AM

Re: Lo-trs trem or egde III....Which is worse?

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f21/lo...iii-61545.html
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 02:03 AM

I gave slap up on E3 , Never ever again. Worst 3 months of my guitar life working with that thing. Went & bought a vintage Schaller ,finsihed setup after a few hours,new strings (swicthed from GHS after 15 years & bought Peavey Plus 9s) 23 days later & Im STILL in tune. short demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVdlLb3wHmE
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 05:34 AM

Reviews: 13

Before i got my jem i had a RG350 for years and never had a problem, i cant see why people dont like them, clearly they dont compare to the trem on my jem but, i dont see why people moan about them, i didnt have to tune mine for up too 2 months at a time and i play ALOT, I guess it might be because when i had it i had no basis of comparison to my jem which i do now but that just my opinion i guess.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 09:09 AM

maybe i just had a bad one.The knife edges were fine. Just couldnt get it to hold tune for very long. They arent a bad trem I just had a stroke of bad luck with mine is all.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 01:52 PM

I spent a ridiculous amount of time adjusting my old 350 with the Edge 3 until it was as perfect as I could possibly get it. Stayed in tune great while the knife edges were crisp but they just wore out too quickly. Once they started to wear on me things slowly slipped out of place that I had worked so hard to achieve in the first place. Really upset me and it was the one guitar I wasn't super upset about when I had to sell all my gear.

As I said in another thread, maybe they've improved the quality of the metal used but doubt it. I'd be hard pressed to consider another guitar with an Edge 3 in it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywills View Post
I spent a ridiculous amount of time adjusting my old 350 with the Edge 3 until it was as perfect as I could possibly get it. Stayed in tune great while the knife edges were crisp but they just wore out too quickly. Once they started to wear on me things slowly slipped out of place that I had worked so hard to achieve in the first place. Really upset me and it was the one guitar I wasn't super upset about when I had to sell all my gear.

As I said in another thread, maybe they've improved the quality of the metal used but doubt it. I'd be hard pressed to consider another guitar with an Edge 3 in it.
Yep,same here. been there done that. Just spend the extra 125-200 bucks & be done with it,IMO

Tags
edge iii , lo-trs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode