Looking to go with an Eventide but need some answers first - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2003, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Looking to go with an Eventide but need some answers first

Can someone here post a complete list of effects that the Eventide GTR4000, or even the H3000SE series processors have......besides the wonderful harmonizer it is really known for??

I also need to know:
How the switching is with a midi pedal board......turning effects on and off. For example, when you turn off a reverb or a delay.....via midi switch.....is there a loud click/pop and does the switch cutoff the reverb/delay abruptly......or do they continue and fade like they should.....when they are switched off?
And i heard about long delays when changing patches/programs.....is this true?
This is important to me...because i had a digitech 2101 and the effects would cut off abruptly when i toggled effects off/on.....and there were loud clicks and pops that were annoying. This was a big reason why i got rid of it.....and started using stomp boxes.

However, i've been interested in the Eventide harmonizer processor.....but i don't want to go through the same hassles with the clicks/pops/cutoffs etc....that i had with the digitech.

Anyone with an eventide, please answer these questions......and i'd like to know all the effects that are in it too......
Thanks!
Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 04:49 AM

The Eventides are notorious for beeing slow when changing patches, it takes at least a couple of seconds. That makes them pretty useless as a single effects processor in a guitar rig, I suppose that's why "everyone" use them only for pitch shifting in a live rig.
Effects wise they can do everything and they do sound fantastic, they're just not designed to be in a guitar rig.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the info......i was afraid someone was going to say all that.
I guess paying over a grand for the same hassle i went through would be a waste of time and money for me.........because i would be using it in a live rig.
I'll stick to my pedalboard......which i'm pretty happy with.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus
The Eventides are notorious for beeing slow when changing patches, it takes at least a couple of seconds. That makes them pretty useless as a single effects processor in a guitar rig, I suppose that's why "everyone" use them only for pitch shifting in a live rig.
Effects wise they can do everything and they do sound fantastic, they're just not designed to be in a guitar rig.
Does that include the eclipse? I've been looking at those... any thoughts on that unit?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 05:14 PM

That is true with the h-3000. But the gtr-4000 has a instant pedalboard feature where you can turn efx on and off with in a parameter without any delay. The h-3000 is old and dated for eventide boxes. Then newer dsp-7000 model has so much more power. The only thing good about hte h-3000 series is that they sound fantastic and can be had used for under a grand. You're best bet would be to get a used gtr-4000. They are kind of hard to find because evntide discontinued them due to the fact that the dsp-4000 is the same but without the gtr presets. You can also buy the gtr preset card. You cant even compare a eventide to a digitech. It is not even in the same league. Once you play a eventide you look back at the digitech in disbelief at how much better quality the efx are. It real is that much better!!!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 05:15 PM

Go to eventide.com and you can download the manuals.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Motogod.....can you tell me if there are loud clicks/pops when toggling effects on and off. And more importantly......do the reverbs/delays continue to decay or release when the effect is turned off? Or does it quit the moment you switch it off with the midi pedal?
I need to know this!

I'll just have to find one at a music store so i can try it out for myself......but knowing me, i'm known to impulse buy when it comes to guitar gear

Guess i should get a grip and try one out because they are not cheap.

I got a million stomp boxes in my pedalboard......and i feel that i might get all the tone out of my guitar if i used one rack processor and a few of my floor pedals. I am using a valvulator line buffer........which is great and helps to maintain the true tone of my pickups.....but i might be able to get more punch in my tone if i lessened the number of stomp boxes(and cables!).....and put an eventide in the chain.
I'd prefer a lot less cables, and things to step on. I almost fell over one time trying to toggle an effect that was almost out of my foot's reach....but i also had to sing too. So i need all my effects close by!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

I downloaded a manual from the website and it doesnt give a list of effects in the unit.....which is odd.
Does this thing have all the typical reverbs/delays/flangers/chorus/phaser/tremolo/noise gate/distortion/Eq's......?? I already know it has a killer harmonizer/pitch shifter
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2003, 10:06 PM

It has every effect known to man. And no there are know clicks.

Tags
eventide gtr , midi pedal , music store , pedal board , pitch shifter , pitch shifting , stomp box

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode