Looking for a midi foot controller... - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Looking for a midi foot controller...

I'm after something really basic just to switch patches on a midi pre-amp.

I already have a Lexicon MPX-R1 that I currently use to switch both effect rack and pre-amp patches but I want to try and seperate it so the R1 is just used for effects, and I have another controller for the pre-amp. Consequently I want something that is pretty small and only needs 4 or 5 buttons, preferrably the pin-head type buttons. The only thing that I can find that is anywhere near close to what I want is the Roland GFC-50, but this is a little large and I'm not too keen on the switches.

Anyone know of anything that might fit the bill ?

Many thanks.

Ving
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 09:36 AM

What you're looking for is something similar to the Line6 FB4. 4 'pin' foot switches and a midi-out port. Problem is this, the FB4 comes with a cable that won't fit anything other then Line6 products. I still think you could replace the original cable (it plugs in from a normal looking midi 5-pin cable port with a large telephone type plug on the other side) with a normal midi cable and use it without problems. Check at your local music store to make sure though.

LJ
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 10:37 AM

All Line6 floorboards hook up with an ethernet cable. If you can figure out how to re-wire it, go for it, but it'll be more trouble trying to get it to work with your other gear.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 01:15 PM

Try here http://www.axess-electronics.com/products.htm about half way down the page they have a controller called the MFC5.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 09:28 PM

The TC Electronics G-Minor is a useful little pedal - very handy if you just want to change patches, and fully configurable... It only has three "buttons" per sé, but you can switch between modes for a variety of uses. I like mine, ymmv, etc... There's a picture of mine on my rack control pedal board about half-way down the page here:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/jimi_d/jimsfx.htm
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Hey, thanks for all the info guys. Sorry not to have replied earlier myself but I was away over Christmas.

Time to browse round and decide which one to get

Thanks again.

Ving

Tags
foot switch , lexicon mpx , local music store , music store , pedal board

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode