Looping software (like soundtrack for the mac) - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Looping software (like soundtrack for the mac)

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Macs but there is a sweet little software they have released called Soundtracks. It has built in loop samples and key changes all VERY easy to use at a click of the mouse. Since I have a PC I am trying my best to find somthing similar to fool around with that doesnt take a light year to figure out. Basically, say you want a drum beat in a time signiture. You would click on the different types to find something you like and it loops it. In a nut shell I would like to find somthing like this to play guitar with when I practice. The metrenome gets annoying and it would be cool to have a key played for me in a perfect loop to work on scales and modes. If any of you know anything remotly close lemme know. Thank you for your time guys and if you havent seen soundtrack deff check it out.....http://www.apple.com/soundtrack/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 02:37 AM

Fruity-loops? Its not the most difficult software to use, but also not the easiest. I'm personally having trouble simply loading samples at the moment (just got the software demo). You can setup different time sigs, though I haven't tried. I am looking for exactly the same thing you are: something to practice with.

I do have a Rock'n Play (bought for 11.50 EUR) which is "cool" but not at all inspiring, sound wise.

Light-year is a distance measure.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 05:54 AM

Soundtrack is basically a Mac ripoff of Acid. It was even developed by the people that wrote Acid in the first place.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 12:35 AM
ns9

Hi! Yep, Acid is pretty easy. Huge user base too. Versions from affordable to "pro" level.
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...acidfamily.asp
Nikki
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 10:46 AM

Drum Sample Sounds - FruityLoops

Sorry, I made a mistake on this.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode