Ibanez JEM Forum banner
2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Ant1981 
#1 ·
I am looking for a bedroom amp that won't be too loud or too expensive. I like a 12' speaker and an effects loop, but I don't like an amp that goes straight to 11. Even the cheapo Behringer GM110 likes to go loud and compressed. So which amp would fit the bill?

The strange thing is that a very expensive Framus Ruby I tried would be ok at lower volume settings, though it can go very loud. But I don't have the money or the space for it.

#11 ·
http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM04/Content/Vox/PR/AD15VT-AD30VT.html

$179.00 for the 15watt.

$239.00 for the 30watt.

No FX-Loop though. I have the 15watt it sounds great. Not to mention the low price. What a deal. Seriously.

The 30watt has a knob on the back to decrease the wattage. So you can push the amp ,to get that nice overdriven tube sound, without bothering the neighbors.

The 15watt can be LOUD. Louder than the other 15's I played. But it can be dialed in to sound good at low levels. Throw a ts808 in front of it. Sounds great.

As far as small amps go, these are the best I have played. I played alot.

Extremely versatile amps. Tons of good sounds there. But, it's all relative........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.