Low-wattage poweramp - Revisiting.. - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Question Low-wattage poweramp - Revisiting..

A followup from this thread:

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showth...hlight=wattage

Soo..

Where were we?

Right.

I just ordered an ADA MP-1 Ultra+, which basically is a MP-1 with the 3 Tube Mod plus additional features that's really droolworthy.

Another addition, which I will go and fetch tomorrow, is a ADA Microcab II.

That's basically a cab simultator, which you could put after the MP-1 and plug it into the computer, or home-stereo system and it will sound badass anyway. That's the idea anyway, I haven't tested it yet. But according to reviews about it, it does what it's supposed to do really, really well.

Anyway..

There's another ADA product, kind of similar to the Microcab..

Let me introduce the ADA Ampulator to you.

That's also a rackbased cab simulator - BUT! - it also features a poweramp simulator section, with a 12AX7 preamp tube used as a power tube. It's not enough to feed a speaker, but apparently it's doing a hell of a job simulating powertube saturation! Among really nifty features, such as being able to switch between triode and pentode mode and how the power tube is biased to get different tonal effects, you got a Microcab built in.

And well, these being EXTREMELY hard to find - sure, there's one on the bay right now, but it only ships to the states, and here I am in Sweden, unlucky me, I was wondering..

**** For you lazy guys, down here's my question.. ****

As I'll soon get my MP-1 Preamp, and my Microcab cab simulator, I was thinking like "Hey, seriously, the 'poweramp simulator' which is in the ampulator just HAS to exist in some other manner!" Ideas anyone..? You get my point? Like, here..

Guitar --> Preamp --> [Ampulator] --> Computer/Home-stereo system/Etc.

That's what would've been easiest, but finding an ampulator's not gonna happen for me. So..

Guitar --> Preamp --> ["The poweramp simulator part, like the one in the Ampulator"] --> Microcab --> Computer/Home-stereo system/Etc.

Help, anyone..?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
preamp tube , tube saturation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode