Ibanez JEM Forum banner
6K views 53 replies 10 participants last post by  Rudy 
#1 ·
Hey guys, Im looking for a little bit of advice on a possible purchase.... I need an amp that fullfills these specifications:

-Low wattage (20 or less)
-Full valve
-12" speaker
-Effects loop

The only thing Ive found up to now is the marshall DSL201, but it seems they've stopped making those. Any Ideas?
Thanks

#52 ·
a thing of beauty, ain't she? :) My nomad gets close, but the Mark IV's lead channel is the only amp where I could "see" the tone as much as hear it- it was just so stupidly three-dimensional I couldn't get over it.

Wasn't 100% sold on Rhythm 2, but Rhythm 1 was sweet and the Lead channel was jaw-dropping. Use the EQ as a volume cut/EQ tweak for the lead channel, though, and you've still got a great clean, a useable heavy rhythm, and one of the best leads I've ever heard.

It struggled with the low B a bit, but I was running the thing in tweed/class A, so if you opened it up on full power/class a/b, it might hold the low end a bit better...

-D

#53 ·
Yeah. And there are tons and tons of knobs, modes and switches, so I think it's nearly impossible to NOT find YOUR OWN tone with this amp. Besides, my UV sounds so good with it, I may change my mind about going back to 6 strings. I know one thing - I should have bought this amp loooong time ago. I'd be further along with my playing if I did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.