Marshall 30th anniversary sound clip? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Marshall 30th anniversary sound clip?

Hi can somebody post sound clip of their marshall 6100lm please. Probably somebody of you get one! or two! And I want to know if 795$ + 50$ of shipping is good for this amp if it supposed to be in excellent condition. thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 03:21 AM

Re: Marshall 30th anniversary sound clip?

It's a good price being in excellent condition.

You are going to like it a lot. I LOVE mine but spend time experimenting with it. This is very important.
You can run it in triode, pentode and in full or half power what means from 100W to 25W. Depending on the power you'll get a very different character. Look for your own tone trying everything. I spent 3 months until I found the tone I really like.

The word describing this amp is versatility. You can go from a JTM45 to a JCM900 and everything in between.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 03:50 AM

Ah!, something i would definitely do (specially because I did it and I liked it) is replacing the 6L6 for EL34 but it depends on what you like.

EL34 = Crunchy and smouth (typical Marshall)
5881 (6L6) = Defined (typical Fender)

Take it to a tech and make him rebias the amp if tubes are replaced.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

yeh, I will probably replaced the 6L6's but I will try them before.
what kind of gear and pedal U use through this amp? because the amp don't have effects and no reverb I think, so what could sound good if I want a nice spacy or smooth warm tone for some solos. I play mostly vintage rock and modern rock, so I know that this amp is made to get every marshall tone, but I also like to play solos with a lot of feel and reverd or delay or both. What should I use through this amp to get the sound I want? thank you! My main guitar is an ibanez jem 7vwh, do you think it could sound could trough this amp?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 09:33 PM

Well, I used to play my Jem7Vwh with a big pedalboard with:

- Japanese DS1
- Morley bad horsie
- Boss GE7
- Boss TU2
- Boss DD3
- MXR Phase 90 EVH
- Electro harmonix Holy Grail
- Digitech whammy sometimes

I am feeling back to 60s and 70s rock last weeks and I am exclusively playing my Les Paul directly to the amp. Incredible tone.......

Maybe you like the 6L6. Try them. I changed them for EL34 because I wanted pure Marshall tone. Ive got a 67 Bassman too and therefore I am fully covered for the Fender fat tone.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 02:41 PM

Out of interest, how good are these Marshall 30ths for general metal and 7 string use? I'm interested in one, as I play in a variety of different bands, including jazz, classic rock and metal, but the metal is my main band.

I'm thinking a really defined sound for all the shred moments, but don't really want to go the standard Recto route.

Would the 30th get the job done with an Ibanez RGT3120 and RG7321? If anyone near Birmingham/Wolverhampton has one that they wouldn't mind me trying, I'd be most grateful .
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 04:44 PM

No idea but probably I would choose another amp for metal. However the channel 3 seems ok for it.

In any case, better if you try yourself.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 04:53 PM

How good they are is very subjective. For me, they do the job, you may hate the sound though! Channel 3 is not short of gain, but you have to be careful with the eq or the sound turns mushy. I've used mine for years now, and with RG, Jem, Strat, UV or what ever else I've used with it I've always managed to get some great sounds.

Tags
digitech whammy , electro harmonix , fat tone , ibanez jem , ibanez rgt , les paul , mxr phase

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode