Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Marshall AVT150H or Laptop?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  IBNZ_RG 
#1 ·
Which one do you think I should get? I really need a bigger amp, but I also want to record on a computer which is why I'm thinking about a laptop, and my family computer is always being used by someone else. I found some laptops around the $350 price range which is how much I found an AVT150 for.

#4 ·
i just finally sold my avt 275 combo after 4 years of misery! personally these amps are terrible. the clean channels are nice and the effects aren't to bad either, however the overdrive channels are awful and the eq sucks. with a good overdrive pedal this amp was ok for home use as it is quite versatile but in a band situation forget it! this amp does not cut through. sorry i dont even know what style you play! for cleans and onboard effects this amp is bearable but for the money you could do alot better! line 6, laney, etc.

#7 ·
This is a weird decision to make, because I've been trying to decide between a laptop or REPLACING my avt50h...BUT if you need the amp you CAN get some decent sounds out of it. Unplug the reverb box (from the mainboard and box), replace the tube (i use a tung sol), and make sure you have an OD pedal. The od channel is pretty bad, but as the guy said above if you keep it low you can get decent sounds....but i have an OD pedal and a Distortion pedal and i only play on the clean channel. I'm going to sell the Distortion pedal when i get a decent amp however...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.