Ibanez JEM Forum banner
5K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  red5 
#1 ·
Well, a friend of mine has been bugging me to come over and check out his "old Marshall" and his "flying V" so yesterday I made it over to his house and when he brought me down to his basement I was totally shocked to see a silver Marshall Jubilee fullstack, an RR1, an Ibanez destroyer and an old washburn. He doesn't play the guitar anymore and all this gear has just been sitting in his basement for years.

The Jubilee is a little dusty but could easily be cleaned up, the only problem is that when we tried to fire it up the power came on but it was just hissing. When I asked him he said that he had never changed the tubes, ever. Does anybody know if there could really be any problems besides the tubes needing to be changed?

I made him an offer for $1,000 for the amp as is ,, but he seemed more interested in swapping the head and slant cab for my TSL601. But I think if I could get the jubilee at a good price I would like to just hang on the the TSL for a bedroom amp.

He had an old recording of himself playing the amp on some instrumental stuff he had written back in the day and the amp sounded killer on the tape.

I am going to see him tomorrow at a mutual friends house and I think I will bring 1K and see if he bites. My main concern is if anybody knows what could possibly be wrong with it, it for sure needs new tubes but is there anything else that is major that typically goes wrong with older Marshall amps? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.