Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Marshall TSL100 sound clips?

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Gresh 
#1 ·
Normally on an amp website, there are sound clips of amps, but not for Marshall! I'm considering this amp, but so far only on options. I'm wondering if anyone knows where to find clips of this? I'll play it myself soon enough, but I like to hear clips, too. Any help is quite appreciated!
~Adam

#3 ·
It's a great head. I don't believe in demoing something by sound clips. It's not accurate enough. Especially when we'e talking about a tube head. I love that amp. If you want a lot of versatility and good tone on all of your settings-that's the one!

Mike 777 Haug

#4 ·
I too am considering a Marshall head, either a TSL or a DSL... the TSL wins on features that's for sure. Anyone tried using that direct out that it has....is it worth a damn? I may go give them a whirl tomorrow and see how they sound stock...although I am seriously considering have some mods done to get the exact tone I am looking for.

#5 ·
I have to say that I've had my TSL100 for 4 years and have not even checked it (emulated DI) out yet-GEEZ. That'll be on next week's to do list as I am off from work. I've heard (but am not positive) that it is based on circuitry from the SE100 Speaker Emulator from back in the day which was (and still is) a highly revered unit.

The TSL and DSL are very different amplifiers and offer a wide range of tones. I think the TSL has a bit more of a midrange kick to it than the DSL but neither one gives off even the slightest bit of CRAP. If you like simple control panels and not TOO many bells and whistles, go with the DSL even though that considering how much is packed into the TSL it's VERY easy to get around-no problem. The TSL60 is a nice compromise as far as features go between the two lines but also has a master volume which a lot of us tube guys LOVE.

Mike 777 Haug

#7 ·
If the DSL had a half power switch or the VPR like the TSL it would be a closer battle feature wise.

I also like the fact that it has the Direct out. One question regarding that...does using the direct out for recording and muting the output still require an active load on the amp, ie, do you need to have a cab plugged in?

#8 ·
OK, I just ponied up for a TSL...got it last night. It is two years old, just retubed with new Svetlana's and it looks brand new. Through my Recto 2x12 this head sounds magnificent. I am speechless. Man did I ever miss having an all tube set up....one drawback is that this thing is soooooo loud. I can still get some decent tone at low volumes....but nothing compared to what this thing sounds like opened up a little. The VPR feature is very cool, sucks a little of the low end out, but it does its intended job well. haven't checked out the direct out yet, gotta get the right cables and what not. It's got an outstanding clean channel....crunch channel is very vintage, think plexi...lead channel is similar but with much more gain.

I need to really fiddle with it a lot more to get comfortable with all the various tones and see how the eq works...but that's the fun part.

Also installed POD Pro v1.3 chip tonight....that sounds better now too...banner night for my guitar set ups.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.