Mesa/Boogie Rectifier Recording Preamp Demonstration - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

Mesa/Boogie Rectifier Recording Preamp Demonstration

Over the past four years, I have been using the Mesa/Boogie Rectifier Recording Preamp as my primary method for "direct recording" electric guitar. After Mesa discontinued the Triaxis, more interest was shown in the RRP. After 4 years of using a piece of gear, a person tends to learn a thing or two about how it works, and, how it does not work. So, I felt I should contribute to society and create the "Mesa/Boogie Rectifier Recording Preamp Demonstration":

https://soundcloud.com/given-to-fly-was-taken/sets

Of the 5 tracks, no title, was the only one recorded specifically for this demonstration. This track is as "direct" as you can possibly get. The following four tracks gradually become more elaborate. Everything was recorded within the last year. You may notice there are more distorted tones than clean tones present. The Rectifier Recording Preamp has no problem creating beautiful clean tones. Distorted tones are much more difficult to dial in. Signal chains are listed in the comments on SoundCloud. (I think you have to click the individual tracks within the playlist to find them though.) I'm not a SoundCloud expert.

Last edited by Formerly Given To Fly; 05-26-2017 at 03:14 AM. Reason: added words
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
#rectifier recording pre

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode