Mesa F-50 combo vs. Marshall MF-350 Mode 4 head - Page 3 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 11:55 PM

Reviews: 3
Re: Mesa F-50 combo vs. Marshall MF-350 Mode 4 head

um....have you ever heard a dc-5?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

yea on youtube like 5 mins ago. Type in Mesa DC-5 on youtube and theres a dude jamming with a red les paul its titled "les paul solo"
post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPrestigeRGAx View Post
ok. Thanks There is a used DC-5 on **** for 500 US. But man...I still think a 6505 can beat it in gain...What would you get if you liked Linkin Park?
then get a 6505 and stop asking the same question everytime someone gives you an answer
post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

make me. LOL jks yea i dunno im not good at amps. I cant just GET IT. I gotta see.
post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 01:52 AM

so, your opinion of a dc-5 is based on a video of someone playing a guitar nothing like yours recorded on extremely lo-fi equipment uploaded to a site to stream(sucking more tone out of said example). Plus, who knows how he/she set up the tone controls? You already admitted your basis on tube amps were based on the opinion of a 'dumb****' friend who has obviously never owned a tube amp. That's like asking someone who watches those surgery shows on cable to perform a triple bypass on your mother... Anyway, just pick up a used 5150 combo so you'll have enough money left over to get other stuff.(ie, new pickups for your guitar/pedals/sonic maximizer/etc etc.), but when you finally realize that someday you do need a good clean tone, don't say you weren't warned. It just seems like so much of your opinion is based on amount of gain, instead of quality/usability of gain, as well as preconceived notions. I really have nothing left to add to any of these lines of questioning...I'm trying to be helpful since you're so new(to guitar as well as jemsite) but I dont think I can really help much more.
btw...check out www.forum.grailtone.com-it's a mesa forum where you can find much higher quality tone samples than youtube of several mesas...dual recs, marks, nomads, quads(probably my next purchase),triaxis',dc's, etc.
post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 02:41 AM

Im sure its been mentioned in every one of your "what amp do I get" threads.
TAKE YOUR GUITAR AND MONEY TO A STORE AND PLAY THE AMPS THEN DECIDE FOR YOURSELF. You know what sounds good to you, we have no idea. I agree the Mode 4 is garbatge, you might actually like it.
post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Im sure its been mentioned in every one of your "what amp do I get" threads.
TAKE YOUR GUITAR AND MONEY TO A STORE AND PLAY THE AMPS THEN DECIDE FOR YOURSELF. You know what sounds good to you, we have no idea. I agree the Mode 4 is garbatge, you might actually like it.
Seriously, suggestions have proved themselves useless here. Things just go in circles. Nothing we can do, just find an store and someone competent enough to set them up for you
post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 07:13 AM

MG100.
post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishphood42 View Post
Seriously, suggestions have proved themselves useless here. Things just go in circles. Nothing we can do, just find an store and someone competent enough to set them up for you
I just thought if I typed big the message would finally get through.
post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudster View Post
MG100.
haha, he buys the mg100, then he sues you because it sucks and he didn't bother trying it out.
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

LOL yoyo1299 yea i tried Mg100. Garbage. Ok i guess im in trouble.. Everyone is yelling at me. Well guys..thanks for putting up with me (and texshred777, yes i want great cleans as well but i want it to have good gain as well for modern stuff i dunno if i can find an amp like that because I know that 5150 combo does have a real "clean channel" but you can roll back the gain and get a bluesy crunch) So Thnx alot people.
post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by texshred777 View Post
so, your opinion of a dc-5 is based on a video of someone playing a guitar nothing like yours recorded on extremely lo-fi equipment uploaded to a site to stream(sucking more tone out of said example). Plus, who knows how he/she set up the tone controls? You already admitted your basis on tube amps were based on the opinion of a 'dumb****' friend who has obviously never owned a tube amp. That's like asking someone who watches those surgery shows on cable to perform a triple bypass on your mother... Anyway, just pick up a used 5150 combo so you'll have enough money left over to get other stuff.(ie, new pickups for your guitar/pedals/sonic maximizer/etc etc.), but when you finally realize that someday you do need a good clean tone, don't say you weren't warned. It just seems like so much of your opinion is based on amount of gain, instead of quality/usability of gain, as well as preconceived notions. I really have nothing left to add to any of these lines of questioning...I'm trying to be helpful since you're so new(to guitar as well as jemsite) but I dont think I can really help much more.
btw...check out www.forum.grailtone.com-it's a mesa forum where you can find much higher quality tone samples than youtube of several mesas...dual recs, marks, nomads, quads(probably my next purchase),triaxis',dc's, etc.

I just said my friend told me how much tube changes were. He did own tube amps but he sold them before he got to change the tubes. I never saw a Mesa DC5 in my local guitar stores. I tried a nomad 45 112 combo and i didnt like it. Its distortion has too much fuzz. And no, I shouldnt be judging how an amp sounds on a video because its uploaded and tone is taken out..the guitar is different...what you said.. Im only 16 and i played guitar 2 years and I owned one tube combo (Randall RG50TC) but I sold it because it wasnt versatile so I dont know much about amps compared to Jemsite members who played guitar like 20+ years..so thanks alot
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

And i'm trying to find sound clips of Mesas on the site you gave me (texshred777) and i cant find any. I just find some tone settings and thats it.
post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 02:16 PM

try the rigs and tones section...there are countless....Dammit i answered again.
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

wats wrong with answering? help a brother out lol

Tags
blue voodoo , celestion vintage , clean tone , david mccarroll , dual rectifier , dual recto , genz benz , ibanez rga , jsx head , les paul , marshall mode four , marshall tsl , mesa boogie , mesa dual , mesa mark , mesa rectifier , mesa recto , music store , peavey jsx , peavey jsx head , preamp tube , prs guitar , prs guitars , sonic maximizer , tube amp , tube amps , tube combo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode