Mk50h vs Roadking II vs ?? - Page 2 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 11:36 PM

Reviews: 3
Re: Mk50h vs Roadking II vs ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by losgatosrg350dx View Post
a rectifier amp actually doesnt hit harder and has nothing to do with boasting the sound

well built amps with ss rectifiers perform three times better and hit much harder, just requires a little more tuning and maybe a partial rack setup

inherently a rectified tube amp, utilizes the rec stages to "process" the current to be more effectively used in all the preamp and power stages.

the only draw back is that a recifier tube SLAGGS the current draw, wich is why rec. amps are often related to the most commonly desired "violin like sustain" effect that it produces

ive said it before and ill say it again, rec amps are way overrated, and the mesa's ive tried and heard, were nothing like a well built regular tube amp
for sustain purposes and more of a chording tone shape it is pretty much up there with the best amps made, but rec. amps have a way less responce time between fast notes...and they blend in too much

and for palm muting, shesh dont get me started i personaly hate the sound the mesa rec. amps have under palm muting teq.
Well, John Petrucci seems to get plenty of "clarity between fast notes" with a dual rec, or road king, or any rectifier series amp from Mesa. When your playing has reached a point where you're so fast the mesa can't keep up, let me know as I'll buy your insturctional video. Perhaps it's your technique that's lacking clarity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
dual rectifier , dual rectifiers , guitar playing , john petrucci , palm muting , power amp , rack setup , solid state amp , solid state amps , triple rectifier , tube amp , tube amps , versatile amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how much is a mesa boogie roadking
which one is better triaxis or roadking

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode