MODE 4 vs TRIPLE RECTIFIER,,,,,,,, - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Smile MODE 4 vs TRIPLE RECTIFIER,,,,,,,,

hey ppl
im scrapping my combo an getting a head an cab,ive spent nearly 2 mths looking up reviews etc to find the best one for the sound i want,and have narrowed it down to the Mode4 & Triple Rectifier,but would like the opinion of some one who has maybe used one or both of these amps to help me make up my mind,

Mercy Bucketz,,,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 06:13 PM

Re: MODE 4 vs TRIPLE RECTIFIER,,,,,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonBeem7V
hey ppl
im scrapping my combo an getting a head an cab,ive spent nearly 2 mths looking up reviews etc to find the best one for the sound i want,and have narrowed it down to the Mode4 & Triple Rectifier,but would like the opinion of some one who has maybe used one or both of these amps to help me make up my mind,

Mercy Bucketz,,,,
To be honest, I wouldn't recommend either. I would take a JCM over a Mode 4 and a Mark over a Triple Rec. Go to a local guitar shop and play them. It really is based on your opinion, not ours. Not to mention Marshall has a somewhat different sound than Mesa.
post #3 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 06:31 PM

I'm with Nord, neither.
I had a Triple Recto, it was a decent amp, but I'm grew sick of the Recto sound, plus at 150 watts it pointlessly loud, as for the mode 4, it's solid state so I wouldn't reccomend it for that reason alone.
post #4 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 06:41 PM
rgr

My experience with the Mode 4 is that it sounds like crap. I'm not a big fan of Rectos either, but if you like them, the Triple is pointless, the Dual will do everything you need, even a Single will be loud enough but doesn't have all the features that the Dual and Triple do.

Roger
post #5 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 06:42 PM

The mode four isn't solid state, it's hybrid. It has an all valve pre amp with transistor poweramp.
post #6 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 06:52 PM

Hybrid, solid state, who cares, tone comes from overdriving POWER amp tubes, no power amp tubes, it may as well be solid state.
post #7 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 07:17 PM

The gain, overdrive comes from the preamp actually, but of course an all valve amp sounds better. And to say who cares? Well you obviously do, and I certainly do, and so does everyone else who is playing guitar and wants a great sound.
post #8 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 07:21 PM

I stand by my who cares, I find Hybrid to be little more than a marketing gimmick and it is no better than solid state. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
post #9 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

i once tried a mode 4 at the NEC guitar show and wasnt that impressed,i wished i could of plugged a jem in to get a better idea as i play nothing but a 7v,the sound i want is a mark tremonti type distortion (with creed) very heavy that can handle a bit of tuning down ive heard amp start to lose the bottom end when you tune down and play heavy,,,
post #10 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 08:06 PM

as others have mentioned...
MODE 4 sucks because it is solid state.
Triple Recto is WAY TOO loud !!

if you are seeking nice MARSHALL tone then get a JCM800 2203.
if you are a metal maniac then I would suggest a triaxis. It has mark IV AND a recto mode. Also, If you use it with 2:90 poweramp then tonal possibilities are infinite.
post #11 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 08:08 PM

this is a clip off my triaxis in MESA MARK IV mode (LD2 green). I used SD-1 for a little tone shaping.
http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...90Y9C7TMDGSK5X
post #12 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

up till now ive allways had combos but now need more volume an more bottom end,ive allways used a pod mk2 when i get a head an cab should i not use the pod an plug direct into the head,will the pod spoil the sound..
post #13 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

megadeath
is that you actually playing or just a sample,,
post #14 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 10:40 PM

^^
that is me playing.
post #15 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonBeem7V
up till now ive allways had combos but now need more volume an more bottom end,ive allways used a pod mk2 when i get a head an cab should i not use the pod an plug direct into the head,will the pod spoil the sound..
i use marshall 1960 BV for more bottom end and my triaxis delivers enough of it too. if you use 9/8 gauge then i'd suggest you to switch to 10/11 for more meat in the tone.

Tags
blue voodoo , celestion vintage , crate blue voodoo , david gilmour , death metal , dimebag darrell , dino cazares , distortion pedal , dual rectifier , eugenes trick bag , guitar shop , heavy metal , jeff loomis , local guitar shop , mark iic , mark tremonti , marshall tsl , mesa boogie , mesa cab , mesa cabs , mesa mark , mexican strat , playing guitar , power amp , preamp gain , preamp tube , solid state amp , triple rectifier , triple recto , tube amp , tube amps , tube power amp , tube preamp , valve amps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode