Mode Four neone??? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 04:29 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 7
Mode Four neone???

I was wondering if neones tried out one of those mode four's marshall puts out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 07:58 AM

Re: Mode Four neone???

all the reviews i have read slated it. but i played through one at a gig and really liked it. i'm a big fan of those scooped metal tones though. if you want something else, this probably isnt one for you.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 08:48 AM

It sounds like a solid state amp. Nothing special, and not worth the price. And it's spelled "anyone", not "neone".
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 10:40 AM

Bingo on both counts, Polaris - if you write like you didn't fail 6th grade English, people take you a touch more seriously in the real world.

It's essentially a two channel solid state amp that costs more than a DSL-100 head, and only marginally less than a TSL. Basically, an overpriced load of crap designed to appeal to the nu-metal crowd.

If you like the sound of solid state (nothing wrong with that), then pass on the Mode4 and grab one of the MG series solid state heads - a guy I know got some surprisingly good sounds out of a 100-watt MG half-stack, and for the price they're tough to beat. Steer clear of the AVT's as well - you're paying top dollar for a solid state head with a single preamp tube - it's mostly solid state preamp distortion anyway, and the power amp is where tubes really come into their own.

If you want to drop that kind of cash on a "modern" voiced marshall, though, a DSL is a far better buy.

-Drew
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

are u(you) guys seriously commenting on how i spell somethin?!? btw neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone PRUDES!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothersnowgone
are u(you) guys seriously commenting on how i spell somethin?!? btw neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone neone PRUDES!
That'll get you tons of help in the future. On second thought, the Mode Four is excellent, the best amp ever made. Go buy one, now.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 05:28 PM

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

I'm sure I can do fine on my own. It was a simple question, I'm not even looking for a new head. It was out of pure curiousity. Also, who would buy an amp without playing it thewmselve anyway(happy?)? I've also heard the Mode Four once before at a local metal show and they have a really modern metal tone to them(especially the 2nd overdrive), even though only its preamp section is tube ;-)
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 06:13 PM

Quote:
I'm sure I can do fine on my own. It was a simple question, I'm not even looking for a new head. It was out of pure curiousity. Also, who would buy an amp without playing it thewmselve anyway(happy?)?
No, you still spelled "themselves" incorrectly.

Whatever floats your boat dude, but a Carvin Legacy stack or MTS stack would kill it, as would a Peavey JSX, or 6505, or even XXX. All of it being as much or less than the MF.

Then again people like the Krankenstein, and that thing's even more expensive, and sounds like a chainsaw suspended inside a cardboard box.

There's no accounting for taste, however bad it may be.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 07:15 PM

I opened this thread because I hadn't heard of the "neone mode" - I thought it was some wierd theory thing, maybe combining the lydian and dorian modes or something

Can you imagine how disappointed I was when I found out it was about an amp !!
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

geez another comment on spelling, on a typo this time which is what makes it funny. other than that i dont think its bad taste if u know how to use an amp, but then again those who dont often feel the need to get the amp or amps everyone else seems to be getting
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 12:17 AM

Quote:
I was going to give my honest opinion, but after seeing this I think not. This explains a lot (like why he's even considering a mode four!!!!)

Anyway on to the review....

The Marshall Mode Four is the best sounding amp ever made. It sounds so good and for how good it sounds, it is amazingly cheap too! It is without a doubt the best value available today, or ever in a guitar amp you must get one.

(Note: everything I said is the exact opposite of the truth!)
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

ONCE AGAIN!!! if u would have read the whole post, i am not considering a mode four, i am not in the market for a head, it was a question, i got smart ass remarks completely irrelivant to the topic. to take anything on an internet forum seriously is sad, lighten up people
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 08:06 AM
Contributor

Reviews: 1
Cool Re: Mode Four neone???

Quote:
ONCE AGAIN!!! if u would have read the whole post, i am not considering a mode four, i am not in the market for a head, it was a question, i got smart ass remarks completely irrelivant to the topic. to take anything on an internet forum seriously is sad, lighten up people
Actually,
I think your whole "non-educated, pathetic speller, loser attitude" needs to lighten up. Folks here are trying to help you and you're on a fast track to being banned from this site.

Show some respect son, or you will be forced to learn yet ANOTHER lesson in life.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 08:12 AM

Quote:
to take anything on an internet forum seriously is sad, lighten up people
To me utilising the experience of others is one of the best reasons for internet forums like this.

Can't wait for Glen's new Reviews section so we can share gear reviews (good and bad) in a mature and helpful fashion

Last edited by markg5150; 07-28-2005 at 08:21 AM.

Tags
amp distortion , boogie dual rectifier , dual rectifier , dual recto , marshall amp , marshall mode four , mesa boogie , mesa boogie dual , mesa boogie dual rectifier , peavey jsx , power amp , preamp tube , solid state amp , solid state amps , solid state head , tube head , tube preamp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode