Morbid Angel pitch shift with g-major... - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Morbid Angel pitch shift with g-major...

ok, trey azagthoth uses this great pitch shift on some of his slow bendy solos that sounds fantastic. i know that he uses an eventide, but i was able to dial in a good approximation on my johnson millenium. i believe that it combined 2 voices --a min 3rd and a major 5th (maybe vice versa--its been awhile). i just haven't been able to dial it in on the g-major. part of the issue is that--well frankly i don't know how to convert cents to a third or fifth, or whatever. can anyone lend a hand?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 11:41 PM

Re: Morbid Angel pitch shift with g-major...

Quote:
Originally Posted by somata
part of the issue is that--well frankly i don't know how to convert cents to a third or fifth, or whatever. can anyone lend a hand?
Isn't it 100 cents per half-step? So a minor third would be 300 cents, and a fifth would be 700 cents...

I used to have a G-major, and found I was able to do some pretty nice stuff with the pitch shifter and the delays. Didn't take a lot of programming to get the Ballerina 12/24 patch set up... :0

--B
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 07:53 AM

Re: Morbid Angel pitch shift with g-major...

Quote:
i believe that it combined 2 voices --a min 3rd and a major 5th (maybe vice versa--its been awhile).
Considering the 5th is a perfect interval (i.e. there's no major or minor 5th) that's probably correct.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the help!!! i set the two as suggested above, and its pretty much what i'm looking for!!! i don't think i have the pitch delays and feedback set quite right, but the pitch is there!!! thanks again!!!

now i can do creepy half-step bends...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 08:46 PM

when i saw them live, it looked like he was using a digitech whammy pedal on those high bends
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

that's good to know. they're coming to chicago in april, so i'm hoping to go see them...i've been listening to domination the last few days. god i love where the slime live and dawn of the angry...they kick ass!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 09:51 PM

Quote:
that's good to know. they're coming to chicago in april, so i'm hoping to go see them...i've been listening to domination the last few days. god i love where the slime live and dawn of the angry...they kick ass!
i am hopefully seeing them in Cleveland
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 05:03 PM

Hey man do you mean when Trey is playing a solo and he makes that "OWWWWWWWWW" noise? i always thought he was playing a natural harmonic then did a dive on the whammy bar, thats how i get the sound.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

i can't think of a particular track, i'll have to bone up and find the exact part i'm thinking of. but it tends to be a slow solo part and he'll hit a note on say the 8th fret on the g string, hold it for a few beats with a bit of fret hand vibrato, hit it again and then go down a fret and bend the note up and back down a half-step...

if that makes any sense...lol!

Tags
digitech whammy , digitech whammy pedal , johnson millenium , pitch shifter , whammy pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode