Multi Effect Pedal Recommendations - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 04:17 AM Thread Starter

Multi Effect Pedal Recommendations

Hi all...My band is doing a few "Rush" tribute shows this summer. We're covering a lot of songs from very early (Bastille Day, Anthem) up through the "Signals" period.

Wondering if anyone can recommend a good, solid sounding multi effect unit. Not interested in rack stuff as I need to "travel light".

I've been looking the Line 6 Pod X3 Live and some of the DigiTech stuff. I will not be using the amp/cab models for these gigs but I'd still like something that has those features for recording.

I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks

Butch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 05:15 AM

Re: Multi Effect Pedal Recommendations

The VOX Tonelab LE, Zoom G9.2tt and Digitech GSP1101 sound great live... the GSP will need a separate MIDI foot controller though for stage use.

For some reason I never really liked the Boss GT series and POD lineup.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 05:53 AM

Reviews: 120

Zoom G series is great.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 08:24 AM

How'd you guys compare the zoom to say a G-Major/G-Major 2? I'm also in search for a of a multifx I can purchase in the future.

To the OP I didn't like my Boss Gt-pro that much, it was great before I had a real guitar amp and was using a studio power amp but after that I was really only using eq, reverb and delay because the preamp models didn't impress me through the legacy's poweramp.

Recording with the models also didn't sound very good and I tweaked a lot, even with a longtime buddy who is a sound engineer.

I keep hearing stuff about the Zoom's lately so maybe go look at that, I haven't tried it yet myself but I will soon.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 09:35 AM

Hey Butch, just for your knowledge on the ZOOM's there was a design flaw on the G-1's(not sure if they fixed it or not yet, or if it was on all models, -go to Harmony Cemtral read reviews 1st-) when ya activate the drum machine the reverb disappears, now for LIVE use thats's no big deal, but if ya plan on doing any solo recording to keep, know this ahead of time, I had one when they 1st came out, used it at church cause they didn't want me bring in my DC-3(wonder why? !!) I thought the sounds were superior to the digitech stuff for whatever my opinion is worth, I know ya said ya didn't want rack mount stuff, but one to check out is a ROCTRON CHAMELON, you can get em **** pretty cheap some times, 4 different distortion modes all programmable and all the effects/plus HUSH, only draw back is ya have to buy the midi pedal, but Ive seen quite a few that came with them, go try a bunch of em before ya BUY!! hearing is believen, what I think sounds good you might think SUCKS know what I mean, best of luck to ya brother Sambo

Tags
multi effects

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode