multi-effects headache! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy multi-effects headache!

ok guys just got done returning two multi-effects systems in the last 3 weeks.
3 weeks ago I purchased the Boss GT-8 and although it is loaded with so many features it was extremely difficult to program and the sounds of it wasn't all too much to brag about and as I soon as I found out that you could lose all stored patches and start all over it wasn't worth it. So I returned the item and replaced it with the Digitech GNX3000 which was nice and well built but......hmmm not my cup of cake either, I think Digitech makes things more for the metal player or a progressive type player which I am neither. Some useful effects but limited stomp boxes and choice of wahs is really what turned me off just not array of choices to work with, so off that went right back to the store.

So Now I am debating on the Line 6podxt but before I order the product please let me know what you all think about the unit. Pros and Cons will be useful. My style is (country, blues, jazz and maybe some modern rock)

Thanks
Armando
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 11:27 AM

Re: multi-effects headache!

what amp are you using.. if you just want something for some choruses, delays, reverbs and no wahs or distortions, why don't you try something like a g-major or similar? if you need somewith distortions.. i would have stuck with the gt8.. after you get used to it, it's pretty easy. at least the gt6 was. that is what i had before i went strictly amp distortion with a g major
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 11:46 AM

I've used the G major a few times before and it blew me away. Excellent quaility effects all around.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 11:59 AM

i have an xt live and play through a roland jazz chorus. i'm really happy with it and haven't even considered replacing it since i first bought it. all the patches i use were downloaded from line6's customtone.com thing and then i changed those a little to fit my needs. if youre not familiar with customtone.com, its basically where users post their own patches they've created. you really just need to know how to tweak and you're all set. everything i use on my xt has been edited by myself because every amp is going to react a tiny bit different to the podxt. if i just plugged it in and didn't customize it, i probably wouldn't think its that great. im guessing this would be the case for any of those pedals you mentioned.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 12:01 PM

Reviews: 1

GT8! great sound directly to PA.

but, good amp + G-major is better way.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 12:58 PM

I have a POD XT used here with latest firmware and all model packs. PM me if you're interested. It's somewhere in the classified section if you're interested.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

ok guys the setup goes as follows

fender jimmie vaughn signature strat (loaded with Bartolini ZBS pickups)
Fender Nashville Telecaster with seymour duncan Jerry Donahue set.

Traynor YCV40 combo (3 12AX7 Tung-Sol) (2 Winged "C" 6L6)
Celestion Vintage 30

that is all I hope this helps.

Armando
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 01:48 PM

Try a Korg Toneworks AX1500G. There ridiculously simple to program (proper knobs instead of stupid buttons). Plus, they've got some great features. It does add more air to your sound no matter what you do though...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Gilroy
Try a Korg Toneworks AX1500G. There ridiculously simple to program (proper knobs instead of stupid buttons). Plus, they've got some great features. It does add more air to your sound no matter what you do though...
They came out with a newer model that is even sweet just a few months ago the AX3000G, so you might be able to get the 1500g even cheaper, or check out the newer 3000g, they have a demo for it on the korg website, not sure if the USA one has the demo or the English one, but I downloaded like a 8 minute demo and it sounded great.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando Cordero
ok guys the setup goes as follows

fender jimmie vaughn signature strat (loaded with Bartolini ZBS pickups)
Fender Nashville Telecaster with seymour duncan Jerry Donahue set.

Traynor YCV40 combo (3 12AX7 Tung-Sol) (2 Winged "C" 6L6)
Celestion Vintage 30

that is all I hope this helps.

Armando
i think you need to expiriment a bit with your settings on your amp/guitar/whatever pedal(s) you are using. i don't think gear is really an issue for you

Tags
amp distortion , celestion vintage , roland jazz chorus , seymour duncan , signature strat , stomp box

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode