My Balls.. (Offensive Content) - Page 2 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 09:59 PM

Re: My Balls.. (Offensive Content)

congrats man. i actually just sold my tobacco burst quilt top axis sport on **** the other day. great guitar, but i never liked the small frets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 10:33 PM

Must get a lot of w**kery with those balls, especially with three of them.

Nics.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repner View Post
Must get a lot of w**kery with those balls, especially with three of them.

Nics.
i beat on them, daily. the black one is setup in standard D with 52 - 10 .. sounds huuuuuge
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 08:57 AM

Can I ask what the point in owning the exact same $2500 guitar twice is? I'm not trying to be offensive, I'm genuinely curious why someone coud need two!
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 09:37 AM

Its nice to have colorfull balls that scream when you play them. Congrats
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Can I ask what the point in owning the exact same $2500 guitar twice is? I'm not trying to be offensive, I'm genuinely curious why someone coud need two!
the black jp is 2002, so it has different pickups, the neck feels a tad different, the color, the inlays. it is the best guitar i have ever played, so having 2 is great for me.. im sure some people on this forum have 7 jems..
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 10:19 AM

Reviews: 4

Looks like a great rig! Great choice
Out of curiousity, which od/boost/distortion pedal is your favorite? The AC Booster, BB Preamp or the DS-1? (that is a ds-1, right?)
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Simple. Wa*kery is much more satisfying with two balls. So three must be over the top.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

the ds1 is a keeley ultra mod (that i got for a great deal from a kind member of this board ) it works great for smooth, mid and high gain leads.. also works for rhythm for rock stuff.. definitely best for lead though.

my favs are def. the bb and ac-- they are both so natural.. they sound more like a real amp then a pedal... most distortion pedals have such a different midrange.. (to my ears..) I would recommend either.. the ac seems to add a bit of mids.. they both work good with the gain almost off, as a slight compression or gain boost to your clean.. they also work ass a gain boost for leads, or a stand alone overdrive or distortion..

I actually rearranged the old pedalboard last nigiht.. I am trying to have a setup that I don't have to modify for different styles of music or gig situations.. With this right now, I can get pretty much anything I need..

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

ohh.. and my 535q (also bought from a kind jemsiter) should be here monday.. its taken forever to ship, but I am VERY pumped..
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 10:55 PM

wow man those olp guitars look nice, I mena not as nice as the real EBMM ones you know, your olps however, look kind of cheap and rather ugly, having said that Im willing to give you $300 for those 3 so you can fund a real EMBB ok? Ill even pay shipping

just kidding, beautiful guitars, I wish I had them, I specially love the jps, not as much as the ibanez jpm but it wouldnt hurt me to own some of those lol
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

they pretty nice for OLP's eh?
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

im getting a chick at my college to do some photos of my balls within the next couple weeks.. ill post them so you can all see some half decent pictures
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 02:06 PM

Ahh, NOW I can see your balls. They're a little fuzzy, but I bet they feel great when you play with them.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 02:26 PM

Really sweet guitars you got there shogun, I hope to own a BFR someday. Btw, that 535q still hasn't reached you? I still haven't found one

Tags
beautiful guitar , distortion pedal , ibanez jpm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to identify fake ernie balls

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode