My studio is finally finished. - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

My studio is finally finished.

Hello everyone

Well, after several months my friend and I have finally finished building our recording studio. We started our company, Smooth Groove Productions, in december and now we are at last operational. It's taken a lot of effort to get the building ready but it's been worth it. We've been open for about four weeks and have already had a good amount of interest and we haven't really advertised yet. Everything has been through word-of-mouth or one entry in the Yellow Pages.

The studio is in Hemel Hempstead. If you're interested we have a website at Smooth Groove which will have various pictures of the studio, but at the moment is just a holding page while we get it finished.

My friend has been involved in recording for several years but it's a complete change of career for me so hopefully it will be a success and I don't end up serving burgers to make ends meet

This post isn't a cheap way of getting business. Just letting you all know about it as it's an exciting time for us.

Wish me luck

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 05:34 AM
dex

Re: My studio is finally finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfan
The studio is in Hemel Hempstead
Congrats Mark, I hope it works out for you but isn't it a bit far from Aldermaston?
Are you commuting or moving closer?

ilia
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

I'm staying where I am at the moment.
Yes it is a bit of a distance but that's where my friend lives and we found the perfect building there.

We'll probably end up working unusual hours anyway. So far every time I've been there we've been working until about 4am and end up sleeping in the studio.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Update:

The website is finished now. You can find it here Smooth Groove .

Thanks for looking
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 06:19 PM

excellent dude!

Our band are recording a demo in the coming months, we did our last one in bristol before and its a possibility that we could come up to reading and do a new one there for a change.

Hopefully we're gonna do a new 5 tracks, so could you give me a rough idea of how much it would cost up in your neck of the woods?

Probably looking at less than a weeks studio time say 3-5 days?

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 06:19 PM

ohh... also, do you have a sample of your work available yet dude?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 03:06 PM
Contributor

Reviews: 1
Congratulations! Your post brings me back to 1978 when I opened my first public recording studio in Danbury, CT USA.

This is a wonderful time for you that you will fondly look back on the rest of your life.

Cheers
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 05:28 PM

Nice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode