NAD - Mesa DC-5 Combo - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 59
NAD - Mesa DC-5 Combo

A friend of mine got the head version of this amp back in the late 90's and still uses it as his main amp. On a whim I was just sifting through Craigslist and came across the 1x12 combo version for $625. It came with the foot switch and a cover and aside from needing a new handle, it's great. It sounds huge in the over-sized cab for it and I've not had to work hard at all to dial in everything from sweet bluesy cleans to roaring metal distortions. Weighs a ton. I don't think I'll be looking at any new amps for quite a long time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mesa DC-5 1 compressed.jpg (18.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Mesa DC-5 2 compressed.jpg (17.5 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64
Re: NAD - Mesa DC-5 Combo

I had one for about 12 years but I had to sell it cause as we don't have mesa sellers here, if it breaks I don't know who could fix it.
Amazing amp, pristine clean and awesome mesa distortion tone.
Everytime somebody said mesa is too expensive I always told them to buy a dc-3 or dc-5. The ones who accepted my advice were happy in mesa heaven
Congrats smooth, awesome amp
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 59
Re: NAD - Mesa DC-5 Combo

Thanks 6. I've been geeking out on it for a few days now and I'm really impressed with how versatile this thing is. The cleans are really nice on it. You can get a sweet old school bluesy fender tone out of it a la Jimi or Slowhand. Then switching to the lead channel and all hell breaks loos. The distortion is amazing. Even without using the GEQ sliders, it's hasn't been at all difficult to dial in Mesa grind. The reverb is also very nice, a lot better than the weak reverb on my Rocket 44. I haven't turned the master output volume up passed 2 yet because it shakes the foundations of the earth on 2. The DC is indeed an awesome amp.

Tags
dc-5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode