need advice, sampling software, high end - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

need advice, sampling software, high end

ok my band needs to get some samples happening in gigs..

here's the plan- use a program to compose certain effects and samples that go with the song(mostly covers), just copying important parts or effects in songs that we can't play.
then create a clicktrack along with that, then pan it so samples are all through left, click track all through right(or vice versa, whatever) then put it on minidisc or whatever..

then we get on stage, playing the minidisc with us, we'd split the stereo cord from minidisc, send clicktrack side to drummer through headphones and sample side we'd send into the PA and wallah! effects and samples :P

now i need some help finding a high quality program (for winXP) that i can use to compose the tracks and clicktracks. it needs quality samples, string sounds, pianos, wide range of effects, weird ones too of course etc, just need to be able to replicate a lot of effects and sounds found in pop/rock songs..
something without too steep a learning curve would be good but we can get around it

Thanks!!
vince
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 02:24 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: need advice, sampling software, high end

Depend on your budget.If youre using a mini disk then I guess you dont have much of a budget.
Tascam gigastudio
Native instruments
Stienberg Halion
IK multimedia Sampletank

If you have a midi keyboard try Reason by propellerhead..
There are too many to list. Go to an online store and look at them.
Plenty of sample software to go around.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Re: need advice, sampling software, high end

why does MD mean less budget? i just don't want to cart heaps of gear around on stage, using a quality recordable media thing like MD just frees up space etc.

i don't want to be buying any new hardware tho, just looking at software, basically i just need a reccomendation of which (high quality)progs have a tonne of effects and instrument sounds, enough that a gigging cover band might need

a user friendly interface etc is always good too etc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode