Need help Dimarzio Mo' Joe - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Need help Dimarzio Mo' Joe

Having trouble with a new pickup just installed.

I recently had two new pickups installed with custom wiring. The bridge pickup is a Dimarzio Mo' Joe. The Neck pickup is a Dimarzio PAF Joe. The PAF is amazing, and it's sounding beautiful. But the Mo' Joe is coming out extremely muddy, and I can't get a good tone with it in anything but clean.

Did the person set it up wrong? What distance does it need to be from the strings? I need help :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 08:01 PM

Reviews: 15
Re: Need help Dimarzio Mo' Joe

I'd check the wiring first. When I installed it in my SZ720 I had to do a little amp tweaking to get a tone that I like. On mine it's about 3mm-4mm from the strings.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 07:55 AM

Reviews: 130

Mine is farther from the strings. I'm with Silver--check the wiring first, especially grounds.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 08:47 AM

Very important, which guitar model is it? What woods etc...the Mo'Joe doesn't agree very well with Mahogany. Tends to get kinda dark and muddy.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 03:01 PM

Reviews: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-sfm View Post
Very important, which guitar model is it? What woods etc...the Mo'Joe doesn't agree very well with Mahogany. Tends to get kinda dark and muddy.
I'll have to disagree with this one considering my SZ720 is mahogany.

Tags
dimarzio mo' joe pickup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode