Need a really good sound card - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Need a really good sound card

theres so many cards out there right now I have no clue what to get. I just need one for home recording, something with a front mount would be best. Also price range $50-100..

any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 10:39 PM

Re: Need a really good sound card

$50 -100 for a really good sound card...not going to happen
maybe look for a used E-mu 1820 or a presonus firebox..depends how many ins/outs ...preamps etc..you want???
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 10:43 PM

what kinda inputs do you need??? spdif? XLR? RCA? MIDI? all depends. XLR on a sound card is not gonna gonna really happen. get if USB/firewire interface if u want that. MIDI you can get a good one with spdif for about 150 from m-audio. simple 1/4 inch line ins are easy.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 11:16 PM

Reviews: 6

Sound blaster audigy perhaps, i know some one who has one and it sounds pretty good don't know how much it costs but.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

I only need 1/4 inch for guitar, nothing else. Theres about 50 billion different Sound blaster audigy's out there, I have no clue which one to get...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 03:00 AM

My experience with USB is there is usually lag between the guitar and the speakers, very difficult to play and record like that. It's better and worse on different cards.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 10:16 AM

you need a 1/4 inch in... hmmmmm. go to Newegg.com and search around the sound cards for something with a 1/4 inch in. then look aqt the reviews. and the price. decide after looking at newegg or ***************. newegg has a better selection
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 10:17 AM

MF = ********************
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 12:46 AM

Well if anyone want to buy a soundcard just to use at home or home studio,
"Creative Audigy 2 ZS" is the chipest solution. But remember ZS Cards are the card with ASIO. I dont what does that word mean but When you will use "SONAR", or other Multitrack sequencer, "NI Guitar RIG", synthesizer softs, "propellerhead Reason".......almost every proffesional softwares you will need this ASIO.
It reduces the latency down to 2ms between input and output.

So without ASIO (or the letest ASIO-2) Its like hell to record somthing or do anything using your sound card.

so my suggesion is if you want to by Audigy then buy ZS series (Plutinum Pro ZS couldbe best within that range). If you planning to buy more expencive cards like E-MU or M-Audio.....as far as i know they all are ASIO enabled.

Sorry for my bad english....

thanks...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode