Need some help with my setup - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Need some help with my setup

Hi guys,

I don't post here that often, but I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people here when it comes to gear...Anyways, what I was wondering is:

How do I make it so my amp channel switches when I switch my effects patches?

Here's my setup right now:

Carvin Legacy w/ Rocktron Xpression in the effects loop.

I know that I need to buy a Midi pedal to switch my patches. But the issue is, how do I set everything up so that when I hit the midi switch, it also switches to the channel I want also? Because otherwise of course, I have to hit 2 switches (1 for my amp channel, one for the patch) and I know there has to be a way around this. I just don't know what I have to add to my current rig to get that kind of thing going.

Any help you guys could give me would be great. I do need to get some kind of midi pedal to even just switch patches, so recommend me one please. I don't need the most advanced thing with 15 switches on it either. I like to keep things simple! Thanks in advance!

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 12:55 PM

Re: Need some help with my setup

You need a MIDI-controlled relay switcher... from cheap to expensive, some models to check out include the Nobles MS4/MS8, Rolls RP93, Rockman MIDI Octopus Axess CFX4, Rocktron Patchmate, GCX Ground Control.

Some FX processors also have this capability (G-Major, Rocktron Replifex, Boss GT, but don't believe the Xpression does.

--B
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 07:53 PM

Re: Need some help with my setup

Hey dude!
I think you could use a Behringer FCB1010 to control your amp and your effects.
A few time ago, I was looking to buy a Legacy, and then I made some research about how to switch the channels with my rack effects alltogether. It seems to work nice! And the FCB1010 price is quite affordable!
Good luck man!

Regards,
Uriel

Tags
behringer fcb , midi pedal , rocktron xpression

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode