Neodymium cabs? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Neodymium cabs?

Hey there.
As always, I was checking out some gear the other day and got into a chat concerning my planned rig. I'm looking for a poweramp and a cabinet to bring my Pod XT Live! some serious firepower. I was recommended an Alto Mac 2.2 for the poweramp, but we ran out of luck on the cab. Given a brief history about cabinet and speaker hardware, I came to the conclusion that I'd really like a neodymium cabinet - given the rather pleasant things I've heard neodymium produce. Thus...

Does anyone on the boards know of any neodymium guitar or full-spectrum cabinet? I'm looking for a 4x12-format.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 10:26 PM

Re: Neodymium cabs?

The higher end (blue grille cloth vs. chrome grille) Vox Valvetronix cabs have "NeoDog" speakers with neodymium magnets. Or, you can get a cab from Avatar loaded with Celestion speakers with neodymium magnets.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

What I'm looking for is a versatile cab - that excels at brutal high-gain grind and palm-muting. Do you know whether those cabs are suited for that? Thanks for the tips so far, however!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 10:32 AM

i would just get a 1x12 cab with a vintage 30 or look into a ported 2x12 . you can't go wrong with anything avatar speakers has to offer.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.arledge View Post
i would just get a 1x12 cab with a vintage 30 or look into a ported 2x12 . you can't go wrong with anything avatar speakers has to offer.
Look, I'm out specifically for neodymium cabinets. I'm avoiding everything aside from those - specifically for the reasons brought up before in the conversation I had with the gearhead in the musicstore, and my own experiences and comparisons with how neodymium compares to your usual hardware. Again - this is to give me enough firepower and wattage for a gig. Mainly, I'm looking for a 4x12, since I'd rather have too much power than too little.

Tags
vox valvetronix

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode