NEW: AmPlug, Joe Satriani - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 59
NEW: AmPlug, Joe Satriani

Vox and Joe Satriani's collaboration has given birth to another product, this time a headphone portable guitar amp.

http://www.voxamps.com/us/amplug/joesatriani/

I was curious of what would come next from the Satch/Vox camp, but this was not on my list But I don't doubt this will create a need amongst my fellow Satch-fans world wide.

I'm only disappointed with it's lack of name. "Always With Me, Always With You" would fit well considering it's size.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: NEW: AmPlug, Joe Satriani

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp29 View Post
Vox and Joe Satriani's collaboration has given birth to another product, this time a headphone portable guitar amp.

http://www.voxamps.com/us/amplug/joesatriani/

I was curious of what would come next from the Satch/Vox camp, but this was not on my list But I don't doubt this will create a need amongst my fellow Satch-fans world wide.

I'm only disappointed with it's lack of name. "Always With Me, Always With You" would fit well considering it's size.
LOL at the missed opportunity with the name, but yeah, I can see myself getting one of these things
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 01:32 PM

Reviews: 59

ha, nice name idea. Totally not what I expected for them to do next in his signature line, but the harmonica just might be in the works....
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:51 PM

Reviews: 4

One wonders what the price of this AmPlug gizmo will be.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 10:56 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekim View Post
One wonders what the price of this AmPlug gizmo will be.
somewhere around 50 bucks probably. Just like all amplugs or like 10 bucks more.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 11:43 PM

That is awesome. Not that I need one but it is cool.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 07:33 PM

Reviews: 4

Well I was thinking it would be a cool idea as a gift for my brother. He only has an acoustic but is looking at electrics. If I bought him this for Christmas and loan him an electric, he can play without waking his infant son.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Contributor

I just got mine and I like it. It's good for exactly what it is, something to play with on the couch at night. I have the AC130 and the Satriani one and I going on a cruise soon and this way I can bring those one one guitar and still get an electric playing experience. Is it a satchurator? No. But it's close and good for the price.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 11:03 AM

It's 30% more for the Satch one here in the UK. Fanboys and their cash are soon parted. The marketing men are laughing, exploiting the vulnerable like that is a disgrace. I am going to check the classic rock one out tomorrow.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 04:38 PM

I bought a Pocket Pod Express instead for £47 new in store. What a superb piece of kit!!!

Tags
joe satriani , portable guitar amp , vox

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode