New DSP/Studio Day! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 05:26 AM Thread Starter

New DSP/Studio Day!

So I got myself a Pod. I have had my 6505 212 combo up for sale for probably 4 maybe 5 months at $700 and it didn't seem to get too much interest. I one day decided I should sell all my tube amps and pedals and get a DSP unit. I was thinking Axe-FX, but I'd have to sell all my stuff + get cash on top of that to afford one of those puppies. So I took a look around and found out that the amp simulation on the new Pod HD's was not far behind the axe fx, on par with the axe fx or better than the axe fx depending on your opinion. I did some research and it seemed it would fit me nicely so i put up an ad with my Ultra head, Mesa cab, 6505 combo and all my pedals. I remember the guy I bought the 6505 from originally said he was getting one of these pod hd's to replace the 6505 because he just played at bedroom levels. I decided I'd throw him an email and ask him what his thoughts on it were after a few months having it and what he ran it through. Long story short, he wanted to trade the 6505 for his Pod HD and Rokit 8's. Which worked out great for me because it's exactly what I was wanting anyway.

On to the pics of my new studio!

The moment you've all been waiting for... The clips. Keep in mind these were made after having the unit for 1 day and I actually burnt my pointer and middle fingertips on a soldering iron doing a wiring job 2 days ago so excuse the sloppy playing. Just played some random riffs on the spot.
Pod HD500 Clips by Levi79 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 05:51 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64
Re: New DSP/Studio Day!

Yep sell all your tube amps and keep with the same digital pod tone a billion out there already have

Anyway you just need some colors on the walls and some lava lamps to give "mood" to your room
Last week I was recording at a studio that had those monitors and I really liked them.
For near field they're pretty good.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 01:06 PM

hey 6fingers... STFU. you always bag on everybody's new gear if it's not what YOU'RE into. Dude's excited about his digital gear (which sounds good in his samples), let him like what he likes, and you can like what you like... mmm kay?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 01:36 PM

You should do some research into proper monitor placement and room acoustics. There is no way you are getting an accurate soundstage with the placement scheme you are using now.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I really should, but there's not really anywhere else I can put my setup anyway.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 02:51 PM

But HOW you set things up makes a drastic difference in the results.

Start here, its the best resource on the net.
http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm

Then hit the forum and check out monitor placement and room acoustics. You have some decent entry level gear, time to make the most of it and use it to its fullest potential.

Tags
hd500 , krk , m-audio fast track pro , pod , rokit 8

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode