New Line 6 Spider Valve - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

New Line 6 Spider Valve

hey guys! head over to line6.com and check out the new Spider Valve amp.

seems like a great idea and like they say on the site "the next natural evolution of the technology".

just for a brief overview it's a 100% tube amp head (power amp and pre amp tubes) with a line 6 tone chip that changes the tone stack for tone shaping. Not only that but it's totally designed and collaborated with Reinhold Bogner!

I wonder if they'll expand the idea to the Vetta/Pod series, could be interesting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 06:18 PM

Re: New Line 6 Spider Valve

Wow, that actually sounds really cool. It expands upon Vox's Valvetronix concept by making an all-tube modeling amp.
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 06:33 PM

It does look rather impressive. I'd like to hear some real-life reviews on it though .
post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 11:40 AM

I ordered one of the heads from MF; says it's to be released in early December. I think the combos might be available sooner, if not already.
post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 12:10 PM

The combos are supposed to be coming out in October.

I will definitely be getting one of these.

I know the Line 6 stuff gets trashed a lot, but just like anything, if you know how to dial in a sound, you can get some good tones out of them.
post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
I know the Line 6 stuff gets trashed a lot, but just like anything, if you know how to dial in a sound, you can get some good tones out of them.
Exactly, i always liked the Spider II's, for what they were, they were excellent.
post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 01:02 PM

The Spider aspect makes me not care...but the Bogner aspect makes me think I'll kill whoever buys one and steal it.
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGuitar View Post
Exactly, i always liked the Spider II's, for what they were, they were excellent.
I have a spider II 2 x 12, and it does the trick for me. For the money, it's not bad at all. I've played a few spider III's, and they're pretty interesting, too. They've got some different sounds.

They're not really great for clean stuff (IMO) but I'll be really interested in seeing what the valve will do. I know it's going to be quite a bit more expensive.
post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 01:49 PM

Yeah the cleans were ok, but not brilliant, but i found the distortion modes, especially the recto mode with the gain up about half way, really good for leads.
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
The combos are supposed to be coming out in October.

I will definitely be getting one of these.

I beg to differ. I know how to dial in, and couldn't get ANYTHING workable out of a Spider III I checked out. I was looking for an at-home practice amp. I was not at all impressed. Very swampy, no clarity at all, no matter WHAT setting was used.
post #11 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 03:19 PM

I like a few of the presets on the Spider III, I didn't have a whole lot of luck on it as compared to my Spider II, but I have no problems dialing in sounds I like on the II. I don't own a III, so I haven't messed with it much.

Some people like the Vettas, some people hate them. One of my friends doesn't like chinese food or mustard. It's all a matter of opinion.

Last edited by jaxadam; 09-21-2007 at 03:25 PM.
post #12 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 04:43 PM

By the way, guys, this thing's coming with V30s stock, which is pretty cool.

Also, the only things that are "Spider" about this are the interface and the way you dial in tones. Everything else is brand new.
post #13 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerx2k View Post
I beg to differ. I know how to dial in, and couldn't get ANYTHING workable out of a Spider III I checked out. I was looking for an at-home practice amp. I was not at all impressed. Very swampy, no clarity at all, no matter WHAT setting was used.

Any number of factors could affect this. I mean i can see what people dont like about the spider line itself. The rest of the gear as a whole though..........well its a world apart. This is only being listed as spider due to the interface, not the quality of components, this amp is really a completely new design.
post #14 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 10:57 PM

Line 6 products rulez!!!
post #15 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 11:33 PM

Line 6 makes some REALLY nice stuff. Their delay pedals are second to none.

Shawn Lane was using Line 6 amps in his final days. If he can use them, I guess I can too!

Tags
amp head , clean tone , david mccarroll , delay pedal , delay pedals , distorted tone , distorted tones , distortion pedal , high gain amp , ibanez tube screamer , mesa boogie , peavey bandit , peavey valveking , pod pro , power amp , practice amp , preamp gain , preamp tube , rack power amp , shawn lane , tube amp , tube amps , tube power amp , tube preamp , valve amps , versatile amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode