New Marshall Mode Four Series - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

New Marshall Mode Four Series

The new Marshall Mode Four series looks amazing but id like to know, has anyone bought it and if so whould they say its good for playing metal songs for bands like:

Testement
Pantera
Early Metallica
Korn
Meshuggah

would u lot say its good for that kind of music or would a Marshall JCM800 head and 4x12" cab do it better.
Im thinking of doing monthly charges of 75 for 12 months (259 or something deposit) to get a Mode four Half stack ( MF350H head and MF400A 4x12" cab)
Ive heard the sound clips of Marshallamps.com and they sound quite good but im wondering if its worth spending 600odd more for that rather than an old Marshall 2210 JCM800 head and old 4x12" that would do it just as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 01:10 PM

If you wanna get heavy I'd just go for a used 900 SL-X or a maybe DSL head. If you go used, you should have some spare cash for a few pedals like an overdrive and an eq pedal for the loop.

I wouldn't spend that kind of coin on a SS amp. I've heard this kind of hype from Marshall before with the Valvestate series. Imho, some of those clips at the Marshall website sounded kind of dry and sucked-in like an amp modeler, even though the Mode4 isn't a DMA. Again, imho there's nothing like some good, cooking power tubes.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 01:14 PM

As far as i know this is basically a valvestate, and a verry loud one at that. Guitarist magazing seem to have given it a good review although i would like to hear one for my self before making any decisions
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

right now i use a Marshall JMP super bass100 head into a marshall 2x12" cab (same size as a 4x12" and is a base cab designed to be placed under a 4x12") I leave it at a scooped clean sound and use a DOD fx86B death Metal Distortion pedal to distort it. The settings are bass-8 Mid-half of 1 Treble- 6 Presence- 4.

Im looking to either get a new amp with a switchable Distortion/clean channel. (mainly Marshall although The new Ibanez stack looks interesting)

mainly payable in monthly charges with no interest (if poss.) for about 12x 34-60 or mabye for 24 months.

if u can think of an amp around that price then please mention it because i really need a high gain, high volume amp to annoy my drummer!

Tags
amp modeler , death metal , distortion pedal , marshall jmp , marshall mode four

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode