Noise Cleaning Software - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Exclamation Noise Cleaning Software

I did a search and could not find anything.

Basically i am editing a lot of podcasts at the moment and some of the feeds that i have to edit need cleaning up. The noise removal software on audacity and the audacity beta aren't all too good in my mind, i need something a lot better.

I acquired a copy of BIAS' Sound Soap 2.2 which worked really well. I found it very easy to use and managed to salvage the audio of a podcast done at a really loud convention pretty darn well. However the software is so unstable it's ridiculous and i can't get it to work now......... i have uninstalled it and cleaned the registry to see if that helps on a reinstall.

Anyways........ i was wondering if anyone could help me out with some suggests for some great noise removal software? This is to cover everything from clicks, pops, hiss, hum and the lovely friendly feedback!

Any suggestions would be seriously useful, i did some searching on google obviously but kept getting links for noise removal concerning digital cameras.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: Noise Cleaning Software

What about the BBE plugin?

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

is that the bbe sonic sweet bundle?

i will see if i can get a demo of it, anymore suggestions would be really appreciated.

Ian.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

I had a look at the BBE software......... from what i gather it is all about changing the sound of a recording to make it sound more "alive". To fiddle with EQ and all kinds of parameters to augment your sound......... nothing i can see that applies to removing noise from a recording....
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 06:20 PM

You could try Sony Soundforge. There's noise canceling software built-in, but I believe that you need to purchase that plugin in order for it to fully work. You know, there's that ping every other second unless you purchase the full plugin. Then it's removed. Other than that, I am unsure of other software that would help.

Tags
noise cleaning software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode