Now I feel like a REAL guitarist. . . - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Now I feel like a REAL guitarist. . .

. . .Because I have a piece of ping pong ball glued to my fingernail!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 10:52 PM

Lee press on nails my brotha...get thee to walgreens with haste.

Where are you in VA? I was born and raised in Waynesboro...I won't be insulted if you have to consult mapquest.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

The name of the town sounds familiar. How far is it from Roanoke?

The ping pong ball was suggested to me by a friend of mine who is a classical guitar major at Radford U. So far its worked pretty well. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't have a gig tomorrow and Saturday. This is what I get for being comfortable with not using a pick, then breaking my nail the night before the gig. This thing feels a little weird, but it sounds good.

EDIT- wow, my 500th post... and it only took me a little more than 4 years... anyway, maybe this should go under 'Tech: setup repairs and mods'
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 09:35 AM

It's about 90 miles or so just up 81 from Roanoke, pretty much right past Lexington but before you reach Staunton, tucked back in the mountains. My sister went to VA Tech so I know the area a little where you are. back on topic...

I love the sound of nails on nylon and steel string acoustics but I just can't stand the sight of long nails. I guess I'm afraid people will find it offensive not knowing it's a guitarist thing. Sure sounds great though....good luck at your gig!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I was thinking of doing the whole hand, but that would just be too much. I'd have a nice claw though.

Hopefully this gig will go well, because the guy who does musical booking for another restaurant/bar is coming to hear me play. The higher $$ gigs would be great.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 12:21 PM

I felt like a real guitarist when I got my Line6 Floorboard cuz I finally had a bunch of lights and buttons to play with

Tags
string acoustic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode