NPD - Rarest of the rare!! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

NPD - Rarest of the rare!!

Managed to score me one hell of a rare bird the other day. This is the Buster Jangle pedal, created from the combined geniuses of Brian at Subdecay and Nicholas at Catalinbread. There were only 23 ever built, and this is #19. It's essentially a Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso boost and a Subdecay Liquid Sunshine overdrive in a single pedal, but with it's own little twist. I honestly have never heard a better overdrive pedal. I currently use the Suhr line of pedals and really like them, but this pedal one-ups them. The sheer clarity of this pedal is just boggling. I knew nothing about this pedal or it's rarity at all when I tried it, I was just blown away by the sound. Came home, did some research, found practically nothing (there's almost nothing about this pedal online, I think there are like 3 results under google)...and brought it home with me.

Here she is:

TLDR: if you ever see one of these for sale anywhere, buy it on sight. It's just that damn good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 09:49 PM

Re: NPD - Rarest of the rare!!

Haha good post.

"There's this pedal, it's unbelievable - you'll never need another pedal again, best overdrive ever, but . . . . you'll never get one because there aren't any around. But, I've got one . . . "

Thanks for nothing
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinMmmmm View Post
Haha good post.

"There's this pedal, it's unbelievable - you'll never need another pedal again, best overdrive ever, but . . . . you'll never get one because there aren't any around. But, I've got one . . . "

Thanks for nothing
Well, there are 22 others floating around out there...who knows?
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 10:33 PM

Reviews: 11

[quote=shreddersymphony;1121922]Managed to score me one hell of a rare bird the other day. This is the Buster Jangle pedal, created from the combined geniuses of Brian at Subdecay and Nicholas at Catalinbread. There were only 23 ever built, and this is #19. It's essentially a Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso boost and a Subdecay Liquid Sunshine overdrive in a single pedal, but with it's own little twist. I honestly have never heard a better overdrive pedal. I currently use the Suhr line of pedals and really like them, but this pedal one-ups them. The sheer clarity of this pedal is just boggling. I knew nothing about this pedal or it's rarity at all when I tried it, I was just blown away by the sound. Came home, did some research, found practically nothing (there's almost nothing about this pedal online, I think there are like 3 results under google)...and brought it home with me.
[quote]

Im pretty sure I got high reading this. Pass the gonja please

Im sorry.

"buster jangle"
"Subdecay Liquid Sunshine"
"Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso"

What...

the...

@%#$ ....

haha
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 09:39 AM

Congrats, sounds like a nice pedal. Well, your description sounds great. Wish I could hear this pedal.

By the way, this page is going to shoot right to the top of the Google ratings. I can't tell you guys how many times I have learned about something here on Jemsite, gone to research it, and found that Google referred me right back to the thread I was reading, as if that was the authoritative reference on the entire internet.

Peace

Mike
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikey Mikey View Post
Congrats, sounds like a nice pedal. Well, your description sounds great. Wish I could hear this pedal.

By the way, this page is going to shoot right to the top of the Google ratings. I can't tell you guys how many times I have learned about something here on Jemsite, gone to research it, and found that Google referred me right back to the thread I was reading, as if that was the authoritative reference on the entire internet.

Peace

Mike
Well, that's good because I had trouble finding ANY useable info about this pedal when I was searching. So hopefully I've helped someone else out. As far as clips, I'm going to get them up as soon as I can. For now though, here's a good quality youtube demo of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxWocdh_TFs
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 03:59 PM

Reviews: 18

That thing sounded badass in the video. Wish I could buy one.....

Congrats!

Jimmy
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
That thing sounded badass in the video. Wish I could buy one.....

Congrats!

Jimmy
Thanks Jimmy! It's just sheer luck that I happened upon this one.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 03:09 PM

Sound pretty close to the wampler Hot wired.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hating-pyramids View Post
Sound pretty close to the wampler Hot wired.
Totally different pedals. You can look at a youtube demo and say a pedal sounds like 50 other pedals, haha. I've played the hot wired pedal, it's really quite different from this. Plus it's not really the same kinda layout.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 08:07 PM

I really like the Liquid sunshine part of that. I may have to look into getting one
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
I really like the Liquid sunshine part of that. I may have to look into getting one
It's a truly incredible overdrive, you won't be sorry. Check it out with a catalinbread super chili picoso boost if you can. That combination is what this Buster Jangle pedal is, more or less. The boost works amazingly well with it.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddersymphony View Post
Totally different pedals. You can look at a youtube demo and say a pedal sounds like 50 other pedals, haha. I've played the hot wired pedal, it's really quite different from this. Plus it's not really the same kinda layout.

I said... Pretty close..

I mean, "sound like" or close in the demo, but I know this pedal is not even close to the touch sensitive, the responsive to the volume or even in the lots of stuff you can do with the wampler hot wired, wich is for me way better...

Anyway, nice advertising of a pedal huh? "Hey I found this, buy it now" ahahaha
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hating-pyramids View Post
I said... Pretty close..

I mean, "sound like" or close in the demo, but I know this pedal is not even close to the touch sensitive, the responsive to the volume or even in the lots of stuff you can do with the wampler hot wired, wich is for me way better...

Anyway, nice advertising of a pedal huh? "Hey I found this, buy it now" ahahaha
I'm fairly sure you've never even seen this pedal outside of this thread, much less tried it...so saying you know it's not even close to the blah blah blah with the hot wired pedal is completely ignorant. The youtube demo someone else did I simply posted up until I can get my own clips up.

And I'm not advertising for the pedal, obviously. They made only 23 of these years ago and they don't sell them anymore, so it's hardly advertising. There are almost NO reviews of this thing online as far as I could find, so I was just pointing out that it's a truly amazing pedal and that anyone who comes across one of the other 22 shouldn't hesitate to grab it. But everyone's entitled to their own opinion of course.

Tags
boutique , buster , catalinbread , jangle , liquid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode