The one players tone you most want. - Page 7 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 161 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:01 PM

Re: The one players tone you most want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by losgatosrg350dx View Post
i wnt those 5 minutes back in my life
Having seen some of your posts, I want you to learn basic spelling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 161 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 10:12 PM
eg

Satriani for lead
EVH for rhythm
John Mayer for his clean/blues tone
post #93 of 161 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 12:19 PM

Here are a couple of my favorite David Gilmour videos (for the moment). The second video has a scene that was captured in a certain jemsiter's avatar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nzIK...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI67m...eature=related
post #94 of 161 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 12:41 PM

Satch For instrumental rock

Michael Amott for metal everything
post #95 of 161 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 09:06 AM

petruccis tone, ESPECIALLY on systematic chaos.
put on in the presence of enemies pt1 and 6:34 or so
that
"thud thud thud"
RHYTHM TONE OF HEAVEN!

but otherwise, i love my tone generally..wish it was a tad tighter and more articulate though.
main gear :
mesa nomad 100
trex alberta
isp decimator
rg550 stock
always used^ other stuff is for extras.

love it tbh
post #96 of 161 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Banned

jon sykes tone on whitesnake 1987 album wowwww its totaly the ultimate.(les paul+mesa amps).also jake e lee's tone early 80s, boss turbo overdrive+boss digital delay+boss flanger.niceeeeee
post #97 of 161 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 11:04 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: The one players tone you most want.

No one...My crappy tone is an amalgam of many things and works like a charm for me. It took many years of trial and error to find my sweet spot tone wise, and is similar to no one and everyone...
post #98 of 161 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 12:28 PM

you know its not that i catn spell microman, its just i dont care sometimes, if im in a rush ill type and post...yes it can be annoying to you and anf a couple others. but im sorry its painfull to your eyes! im just not perticular, just like when i read someone elses post misspelled....i can tell, without needing to think about it, and it doesnt bother me one bit...you i can tell it does

let me apologise! sorry there buuuuddy

and for tonewise....i loe bucketheads tone...its very distinct, and individual

all the notes are extra clear, warm and crunchy at the same time...with little to no bleeding between frequencies...he only thing i cant stand is the mesa heads he uses. but e veryone has thier own right....

his pedal setup is tottaly custom, and when i saw it in concerto, i was amazed how many hand wired pedals he had....
post #99 of 161 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
Here are a couple of my favorite David Gilmour videos (for the moment). The second video has a scene that was captured in a certain jemsiter's avatar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nzIK...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI67m...eature=related
hey i love pink floyd alot, BUT I HATE DIVID GILMOUR's shows, i find hem to be redundant and booring...on the floyd stuff that is, i dont like his new stuff

but i love roger waters in concert, he brings with him some super awesome guitarists and plays soooooooo well!!!!!!! all the guys he brings are freaking godly on guitar drums and bass...gilmour...i dunno, he doesnt play the floyd stuff soo well, and i heard hes loosing his rights to most of the songs next year, dont know why but anyways, my 2 cents on that
post #100 of 161 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by losgatosrg350dx View Post
his pedal setup is tottaly custom, and when i saw it in concerto, i was amazed how many hand wired pedals he had....

He uses a bunch of Boss and Digitech pedals, as well as an MXR Phaser and one of those Line 6 modeler pedals.
post #101 of 161 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 12:40 PM

I don't "want" anyone's tone...I believe players should strive for their own tones (unless you're doing a cover or something like that). That said in my opinion the best tone on the planet is Andy Timmons.
post #102 of 161 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 07:17 PM

I'm seeing Petrucci getting mentioned a lot in this thread. I'm glad he's finally catching on.

I pretty much have his TOT tone right now with my Tremoverb. I used to own a Mark III but traded it because it was just too bright for me.
post #103 of 161 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 09:37 PM

Guitarists from Opeth
post #104 of 161 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:15 AM

Reviews: 2

Andy Timmons
post #105 of 161 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 06:24 AM

Reviews: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdmitry View Post
Having seen some of your posts, I want you to learn basic spelling.
+1
Maybe some punctuation.

Tags
amp tone , andy timmons , boss digital delay , boss pedal , boss pedals , chuck schuldiner , clean tone , david gilmour , death metal , distorted tone , dweezil zappa , eddie van halen , equipped guitar , eric clapton , eric johnson , fender twin , gary moore , gauge strings , guthrie govan , isp decimator , jack butler , jeff beck , jeff buckley , jerry cantrell , joe satriani , john mayer , john petrucci , jsx combo , kirk hammet , kirk hammett , larry carlton , les paul , mesa amps , mesa nomad , mxr phase , nuno bettencourt , paf pro , pat metheny , paul gilberts , peavey classic , pickup combo , pink floyd , power amp , rack power amp , randy rhoads , ray vaughan , richie kotzen , richie sambora , robben ford , robert plant , satch tone , steve lukather , steve morse , steve vai , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan , tone zone , triple rectifier , tube amp , van halen , vinnie moore , vito bratta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode