The ones that got away... - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy The ones that got away...

I'm pretty damn sure that everybody here has had a guitar that they sold at one point or another and wished they could get back

So I was thinking, what're the guitars that you let go in the past that you wish you could hunt down and retrieve?

I had a gorgeous silver MIJ RG450DX and I sold it because I had needed to raise some cash (god knows what for) whilst usually they aren't anything special, I can honestly say this guitar *was* something special.

I'm gonna go and cry for a bit now

Actually, am I bollocks, I'm gonna go and play on my RG20th instead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 03:30 PM

Re: The ones that got away...

1975 Fender Stratocaster - black with 3 bolt maple neck and hardtail bridge - traded in on a Flying V.
1979 Gibson Flying V - natural mahogany finish - Traded for a Kramer Pacer.
2001 Ibanez RG3120TW - Sold it on the bay to help fund my Jem7VSBL.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 03:49 PM

Bueno, the guitar that I pine for wasn't even mine, it was my brother's. He had an Ibanez Radius in the blue burst that he had bought new while he was in the army. He brought it with him when he came home on leave and I can still hear the sound of that guitar in my head. It was the one that made me fall in love with Ibanez in the first place. I wish I had told him that if he ever wanted to sell that guitar to sell it to me, but I never did and he wound up selling it to someone else. I still would like to get that guitar someday.

Last edited by FloridaNative; 10-30-2007 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Porque no se hablar ingles! Estoy poniendo la palabra "to" en lugares donde no pertenece! Concho! Que loca soy yo!
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 04:12 PM

this baby !

its a westone thunder III - active pickups (18v) and a monster tone with 24 frets...
mmmmm, thru neck

the worst is that I sold it to my bro who refuses to sell it back to me

BTW, thats a MIJ 450 in the background I think they called it laser blue or something... I would never make the mistake of selling that bad-boy !
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 04:23 PM

Wow Jaden! That's a beauty!! Does your brother at least give you visitation rights?
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaNative View Post
Wow Jaden! That's a beauty!! Does your brother at least give you visitation rights?
like a conjugal visit...

yes I do play it which makes it worse... its a beautiful guitar but not a total all rounder, im going to make myself one just like it soon but with a spalted top where the ash wings are, everything else I will keep the same... apart from the fingerboard inlay

all the westone thunders were nice, well the wood fisinsh ones anyway, they pop up on the bay every now and then, the active ones are great and the daddy is the thunder III. they stopped making them in '82 (I think) so they are rare and normally pricey.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
like a conjugal visit...

yes I do play it which makes it worse... its a beautiful guitar but not a total all rounder, im going to make myself one just like it soon but with a spalted top where the ash wings are, everything else I will keep the same... apart from the fingerboard inlay

all the westone thunders were nice, well the wood fisinsh ones anyway, they pop up on the bay every now and then, the active ones are great and the daddy is the thunder III. they stopped making them in '82 (I think) so they are rare and normally pricey.
LOL Well a conjugal visit is better than nothing at all I guess. hehe Yeah you definitely have the skills to make one of your own. That would be even better I think because then you can make it to your exact preferences.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Banned

I do miss my JPM.... and my JS1000..... and my VDYJem..... and both my PRS's.......and my Warwick Thumb bass...... *hmmm*.... and my Roland V Drums..... adn pretty much all the RG's I've had..... and my KX250
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
I do miss my JPM.... and my JS1000..... and my VDYJem..... and both my PRS's.......and my Warwick Thumb bass...... *hmmm*.... and my Roland V Drums..... adn pretty much all the RG's I've had..... and my KX250
LOL show off!
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 05:45 PM

RG770DX in red
RG770DX in blue
RG565 in red

Sold 'em all when I got out of music after college. Stupid. I managed to get replacement 770DX's, but I'm still missing the 565. Soon... Very soon...
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 06:49 PM

Gibson Explorer(s) X2

G&L Climax XL

RG1620x

Jem7DBK

Washburn N6

JC RG1608

RG20th DY

Guild Bluesbird

edit: How could I forget my USA Wolfgang

Charvel Model A Koa top

Jackson USA SLS

The amps that have gotten away is a list I can't even review

Last edited by screamndemon69; 11-01-2007 at 11:49 AM.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 07:57 PM

for me, I had fender blue's deluxe, special addition in tweed with special speakers. It sounded sooo good with my Texas Special strat. I traded it in on a pod xt live, that I still use. It sounded sooooo good, not much for the destortion stuff but wish I had it back.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 08:25 PM

i haven't sold any of my guitars yet thankfully but my dad sold his 1975 black and gold gibson les paul custom for $300 in the 80s
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG462 View Post
i haven't sold any of my guitars yet thankfully but my dad sold his 1975 black and gold gibson les paul custom for $300 in the 80s
oh man!! That's heinous!!
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 PM

In order
My Destroyer, ( a REAL one, set neck maple/mahagony)
my 81 LP Custom
My first LP Standard
My Jem PBK

Tags
beautiful guitar , charvel model , david mccarroll , fender strat , fender stratocaster , gibson les paul , gibson les paul custom , hardtail bridge , jem pbk , kramer pacer , les paul , les paul custom , les paul studio , maple neck , playing guitar , rivera tbr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode