Opinions about the CAE3+SE - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Opinions about the CAE3+SE

I was wondering if there are any other tones in that box besides that slick Lukather sound? Is it versatile enough to be that expensive?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 03:49 PM

I saw Dan Huff use one and he got all kinds of sick tones. Sparkly clean, violin-like leads, crunchy chords. I came very close to getting one about two years ago and I can tell you the guys at CAE are very easy to contact and they will talk as long as you want about their gear. I even spoke with Bob Bradshaw himself once. If they still make them like they used to, I believe you can even be specific about what you would want your unit to do before they build it.

Good luck and let us know if you get one and what you think.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Ok cool, you saw Dann Huff live, we don't see that much of him here in Europe He's great! Did you see what kind of power stage he used?

Anyone here who's owned one?!?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2003, 04:37 AM
rfb

I don't own one, but Vinny Burns has one and I've heard it both live and on record (through Boogie and VHT power amps) and played with it quite a bit myself.

It is, quite simply, the best-sounding preamp I have ever heard. That is all.

- rfb
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2003, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent
I saw Dan Huff use one and he got all kinds of sick tones. Sparkly clean, violin-like leads, crunchy chords.
Huff still using those refrigerator racks? Might be hard to determine exactly what you're hearing coming out of that monstrosity.
Greg
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2003, 09:32 AM

Megadeth used the CAE3+ on several albums, mainly for rhythm guitars I believe.

I use one as well and it's by far the sweetest sounding preamp I've ever had the pleasure of owning, unfortunatly I don't have any sound clips of it just yet.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2003, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Hello Platypus,

What power amp do you use with you CAE3+?

May I also ask what you had to pay for the CAE3+? Kronor gŚr bra!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2003, 01:00 PM

Huff had a mid-sized rack, probably 16 spaces, but you are right, there is no telling what kind of uber gear his signal was running through. It was quite a while back, but it was when I was talking with CAE about some gear and they mentioned they were working with him.

Another source you could contact are the guys at Techstar in Nashville. They put together rack gear for some heavy players and I've seen lots of CAE gear in their products. They are easy to contact and talk with as well. I know they have a website but you'll have to do a search.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 10:21 AM

http://pub154.ezboard.com/ftheclevel...opicID=9.topic

There is a pretty good review of the CAE

Tags
power amp , power amps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

Ibanez s320 opinions?
opinions on duncan JB?
opinions on duncan JB?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode